Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jrbears10

Base Tapered Blades

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of putting in an order for a few Base tapered blades. I've been using Easton tapered blades since 2008 with my Warrior shafts but my stockpile of SE16's and Eq50's has just about run out and I can no longer find them online. I took a chance on a clearance Reebok 11k blade recently but I didn't care for the feel. It seems that the Base and Easton are comparable in weight (132 and 135 grams respectively for Sakic/Hall) and construction.

I was wondering if anyone here has used them in the past and has any thoughts on puck feel, durability, and how it may compare to Easton.

I have used them. The are pretty durable, with OK feel. But I have bad hands...

I am curious as well. They have the pattern I have for my pro stock reeboks (Russel) and I want to get more of them. Let us know price wise what they are quoting.

Base quoted me at $60 per blade plus shipping.

Decoy thanks for the link, I have tried the mako blade and I thought it was pretty good, but a bit heavier than the se16/eq50. I may have to jump on those though.

I thought those were first gen Makos, but in the description it says the model is Mako M5 which is equivalent to an old ST.

I think the description box is a mistake. The picture and typed out green and red description by the seller says they are tapered and the picture is an original mako blade. The M5 was standard, not tapered. Might be worth contacting seller.

I think the description box is a mistake. The picture and typed out green and red description by the seller says they are tapered and the picture is an original mako blade. The M5 was standard, not tapered. Might be worth contacting seller.

I contacted the seller, he was nice about it and they appear to be tapered. I didn't care for the mako blade as much as the eq50, so I'm still up in the air on it.

I have used them. The are pretty durable, with OK feel. But I have bad hands...

Ktang, what kind of shaft did you use the base blade in? How was the fit to the shafts?

Thanks.

I contacted the seller, he was nice about it and they appear to be tapered. I didn't care for the mako blade as much as the eq50, so I'm still up in the air on it.

Ktang, what kind of shaft did you use the base blade in? How was the fit to the shafts?

Thanks.

I used them in recovered broken OPS (Bauer Vapor X:60, Reebok A2T pro stock, TPS Response XN10), in an Intermediate R2XN10, a whip R2XN10, and in Base tapered shafts.

The blades are a little thinner in the hosel attachment point's narrower dimension, and I use one strip of tape on each side to get a snug fit. This dimension is much smaller than Harrow tapered blades'. But it can be fixed with tape.

I used them in recovered broken OPS (Bauer Vapor X:60, Reebok A2T pro stock, TPS Response XN10), in an Intermediate R2XN10, a whip R2XN10, and in Base tapered shafts.

The blades are a little thinner in the hosel attachment point's narrower dimension, and I use one strip of tape on each side to get a snug fit. This dimension is much smaller than Harrow tapered blades'. But it can be fixed with tape.

Thanks for the info on these ktang. I have had to add tape to most of my blade hosels over the years so thats not a big deal. It's funny because the only shafts that dont need the tape with the easton blades were my warrior shafts. They must have a bit smaller dimension.

I tried some BASE tapered blades, they are pretty durable but I have some doubts about 135g. Feels like 150 or something. I'd better go with SE16 or X:60/APX tapered blades.

I tried some BASE tapered blades, they are pretty durable but I have some doubts about 135g. Feels like 150 or something. I'd better go with SE16 or X:60/APX tapered blades.

Thanks for the tip, I ended up deciding against the Base blades. I saw Peranis has some mako 2 blades on sale for $50 each. I held one a couple years ago and it seemed to be a bit closer in weight to the se16/elite blade.

Realizing that it may not be worth the hassle anymore with the 2 piece setup, I just picked up a pro stock lupul eq50 for $85, it was almost identical to the Hall/Sakic. Seems like a better deal to go with closeout/pro OPS. Tough to keep spending $50-$60 on a blade when you can get a whole stick (high end) for $100 or less.

Bauer still do the APX tapered blade and they have just brought out the 1X tapered shaft and blade. Blade weight is only 113g and shaft weight is 299g, know that is one very light weight stick.