Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yan

hockeytron sprung

if you buying it only for the sprung then maybe its okay but not sure about the quality. but if you want to use its boots, its NO

If you really want the sprungs, maybe its a good buy, but the boot looks pretty garbage to me, and ive seen some tron roller boots in person, a guy on one of my teams had some that werent very old, and you could literally fold the boot onto itself it was so soft. If you are short on cash and sure you want the sprungs, maybe it will get you by for a while?

So basically the tron boots are worth $10? Sounds... about right.

technically less than that, you are not factoring in the wheels or bearings =)

I believe tron offers free shipping on orders over $100 in the US and Sprung charges actual shipping costs. So it's almost as if you're getting the boot, wheels and bearings free or for only a few dollars more (Tron must've gotten a great deal for Sprung for a wholesale order). With that said, you can't try the boots on to know if they'll fit you well and I wouldn't expect them to be great for that price as others have noted.

So you'll likely end up having to remove the chassis and put them onto some better boots sooner rather than later; which takes time and/or money. The 74a indoor wheels would only work for really light players with a regular chassis and with Sprungs it'll feel like anyone over 130lbs is skating in mud. So in the end you'll have a usable chassis and bearings thrown in for only a touch more than the chassis and shipping through Sprung if you live in the US. Not a terrible deal, but not amazing either. Now, if they ever go on sale or clearance, as Tron items are apt to do, then it may turn into a pretty good deal just for the Chassis.