Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Warrior VIP Program - Dynasty HD1

Didn't see one created, figured I'd make one a la the QR1 thread last year.

I'll be reviewing a 75 flex, W88 pattern. Thanks again Warrior, Keith and MSH for the opportunity to participate! Can't wait to test it out.

11109556_10204484126806447_8794131349652

I have the 85 flex W03 pattern coming. Hopefully it gets here Monday morning as Monday afternoon is the only icetime I can make in the next week or so.

First usage was last night, so just opening thoughts really.

First off, my only gripe on the QR1 was that I thought it played a lot stiffer than the flex, and I thought the HD1 was going to be the same way out of the box. But after actually getting it into a game, I was pleasantly surprised that it did play to its flex. Cut mine about two inches and I think it's perfect. First shots with it were a bit awkward, but I got used to it quickly and shots were firing off the blade soon after. Got me three goals, so must be doing something right! haha...can't wait to get more time with it!

First usage was last night, so just opening thoughts really.

First off, my only gripe on the QR1 was that I thought it played a lot stiffer than the flex, and I thought the HD1 was going to be the same way out of the box. But after actually getting it into a game, I was pleasantly surprised that it did play to its flex. Cut mine about two inches and I think it's perfect. First shots with it were a bit awkward, but I got used to it quickly and shots were firing off the blade soon after. Got me three goals, so must be doing something right! haha...can't wait to get more time with it!

I'm happy to hear that the HD1 still feels on flex. I switched to the AX1LT because Bauer stiffened up the Nexus 8000, and it was stiffer than the flex rating, imo. So after trying a QR1 and seeing how much stiffer it felt, I was concerned the same was going to happen with the HD1. Is yours a grip? I'm interested in hearing about the grip coating and tactile finish on the HD1. The QR1 had ridges on the corners like a Bauer TO does. The HD1 does also, and I'm wondering if they remain if the stick is a grip coated one. And the grip layer on my AX1LT LE has peeled off in large areas, while that wasn't a problem on my regular AX1LT. The two coatings are different, so I wanted to know which was on the HD1.

Glad to hear stiffness ratings are back to "normal". I got a QR1 for Xmas and used it like 3 times and then put it away as a back up because it felt unusually stiff for the flex rating. Ended up going back to my trusty DT4. Nice looking stick though.

I'm happy to hear that the HD1 still feels on flex. I switched to the AX1LT because Bauer stiffened up the Nexus 8000, and it was stiffer than the flex rating, imo. So after trying a QR1 and seeing how much stiffer it felt, I was concerned the same was going to happen with the HD1. Is yours a grip? I'm interested in hearing about the grip coating and tactile finish on the HD1. The QR1 had ridges on the corners like a Bauer TO does. The HD1 does also, and I'm wondering if they remain if the stick is a grip coated one. And the grip layer on my AX1LT LE has peeled off in large areas, while that wasn't a problem on my regular AX1LT. The two coatings are different, so I wanted to know which was on the HD1.

Yep, grip stick. Still has the tactile edges. They're a little more pronounced than the QR1.

Is the length same as the qr1? I'm talking about the shorter length qr1's cuz I get 75 flex.

Same height as my 75 flex QR1

Yep, grip stick. Still has the tactile edges. They're a little more pronounced than the QR1.

Same height as my 75 flex QR1

Awesome! Thanks. Now the painful wait until I can get my hands on one. grrrr

My 85 flex HD1feels a lot more stiff than my APX2 87 flex. Haven't taken any shots or anything with it yet though. Just stick handling around and putting some weight on it.

Glad to hear stiffness ratings are back to "normal". I got a QR1 for Xmas and used it like 3 times and then put it away as a back up because it felt unusually stiff for the flex rating. Ended up going back to my trusty DT4. Nice looking stick though.

My 100 flex QR1 feels like 85 or less, like every other dagger taper stick I've used.

The 85 flex HD1 I have feels significantly stiffer

How are you guys liking it so far? I just got to try it out today. First impression was that I think I should have gotten a 75 flex instead of an 85 flex. I cut it down a couple of inches and its just really stiff. Had to put a lot of weight into it for wristers / snappers. Slap shots, on the other hand, were awesome. Can really feel that "HyperDrive" flex zone. Clapper was noticeable more powerful than my previous 87 flex APX2 (which was my best slap shot stick I've owned). Definitely will need to work on my wrister with it. Few more stick times and it should be good.

So, i dont see any Dynasty HD1 threads anywhere.

I've been fortunate enough to get VIP codes for the QR1 last summer, and the HD1 this summer.

I really like this stick, i think the single word i would use to describe it is FUN. The Covert QR1 felt like it was intended to serve a purpose, but this is the stick you want to play with when you want to rip a million clappers because hey what the hell.

the shaft: im short, i use a 70 flex intermediate. so all of my sticks have a little bit of play in the shaft when receiving hard passes. I will say that compared to the QR1, it felt a little "splashy". it gives a little bit and you need to make sure you cradle the puck properly, or the stick might whip back... I dont think this will particularly be a problem on stiffer sticks, but something for the tiny human crowd to consider.

on shots, hand placement was pretty forgiving. i think the QR1 was similar in this regard. One difference between the two, the HD1 will take more time to load, and give you a nice sling shot feeling (this is whats fun, for me).

the blade: this is one of warriors least 'touchy' blades theyve produced, in my opinion. It wasn't damped to the point where you lost any touch sensitivity, but at wasnt quite as hot feeling as others ive used. I prefer the blade feeling of the QR1, but this blade ranks higher than a lot of bauer blades i've used.

I agree with the ones saying that the HD1 does not feel true to flex rating, it is definitely stiffer. I have a 75 flex W28 and it feels about as whippy as my 87 flex 1N felt at the same length. Really like the stick though.