Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

henryb

Tuuk 6000 chassis -- axle removal

I have a friend who has a really old pair of Bauer Roller Hockey skates, they have a set of Tuuk 6000 aluminum chassis. We wanted to take the very original wheels off and mount some new wheels and bearings... However, the axles don't seem to want to come out? They appear to be like an old Mission type of axle that requires an allen-key on both sides... and the male side of the bolt comes out, but the long axle side does not come out? I'm guessing it is just corroded really badly? Or is it one of those old systems that had the center spacer that was threaded and both sides require a male-side bolt to screw into the center peace. Does anybody know for sure?

Well, we eventually figured it out.... I have heard about these before, but have never seen them.... The spacers themselves were actually threaded inside! And you put 2 male-side bolts in, one on each side. The issue is that one bolt would come out, but the other side would not. So inside the spacer was a place to put a long hex allen key inside to hold the spacer from turning, so you can remove the other bolt. Nice system, but a bit of a pain, I can understand why they went away from this system as it took a fair bit of work to swap out the wheels, and it required more tools, etc.