Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrrSmith

CCM Ultra Tack stick vs Warrior Dynasty HD1

If CCM marketed the 28 pattern under McDavid's name that would be a huge seller.

I believe McDavid uses a P88

I actually just recently noticed McDavid's photos in the gear sightings topic and was wondering if the curve on his stick was a P88.

I got the Ultra Tacks stick last night. I'm pretty happy with it. Shots had good velocity, some came off the blade really hot. I don't think it has the pop of the Nexus 1000, but it was better than the AX1LT. It's light and balanced, and the puck feel is pretty good too. Strangely, I cut it to exactly the same place as my other sticks, but it felt shorter on the ice. I can't really explain it. But I felt like it was shorter than my other sticks, even though it was exactly the same length. Overall, a pretty good stick. But still not as good as the Nexus 1000 to me. Thanks for all the input.

If CCM marketed the 28 pattern under McDavid's name that would be a huge seller.

I actually just recently noticed McDavid's photos in the gear sightings topic and was wondering if the curve on his stick was a P88.

The P40 is indeed the clone of the P88, which if is what McDavid is actually using (or something close with tweaks for him), would make sense to name after him. Hossa is going to retire soon, and they will need to replace his name, and it would seem to make sense to use McDavid imo.

This could be a new topic under Nexus 1N but for those who would like to use a P28 pattern with a mid kick, would the Giroux in the Nexus 1N be the stick to beat since the Ultra tacks doesn't have a P28?

I did a LTR on the HD1. In short, I thought the HD1 shot slightly better than the Tacks and my Nexus 8000LE. Puck feel was better on HD1 as well. For me, the HD1 shortcomings were it's durability....still a fantastic stick. If offered one of the three I would take the HD1.

Still bummed CCM dropped the P19 on the Ultra Tacks stick. I ended up getting another original on closeout.

I could be wrong but every picture of McDavid's stick I've seen leads me to believe he uses the P38 Datsyuk/Tavares pattern which as far as I know, is a pattern and shape I've only ever seen on Reebok/CCM sticks. It also happens to be my favorite for what that's worth (hint: nothing).