Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Looks like the guy behind him got to use his leftover Mako II's lol.

I wonder in the pro's how much what player's wear is directly due to performance/preference and how much is just what equipment managers and what they see their teammates using? I mean, there are those who definitely are aware and care and stick to what they want, but I wonder if Bauer's popularity is primarily due to the quality of their stuff (which I acknowledge is pretty darn good overall) or sort of just PR critical mass amongst the players.

I, of course, have no idea lol.

A lot of it comes from the Reps influence in the locker room.

I think these guys are so good they can wear just about anything. The edge they get from one piece of equipment to another has got to be small because they all have such great technique. I think us amateurs feel more of an impact based on equipment as something lighter or more flex or form fitting effects us on a great curve because we are not coached on a daily basis since we were 10 years old.

Something i've noticed that applies to anything besides skates, i can get used to just about any piece of equipment after skating in it a couple times. I'm sure this is also true for the pros. They are so in tune with the game that they just react. the technique is built into them. On a while other level than most of us.

Pros are just like us when it comes to gear. For every guy who couldn't care less about what he wears there is another guy who is extremely exacting as to what he needs to perform at his best.

I remember a clip of brooks laich talking about his sticks and his curve and he said that he used to use a Sakic curve, but when his new shipment came in they were all drury and he just said eff it and started using them and has been ever since. Crazy thinking about that now. I can barely adjust between a p92 and a p28

I remember a clip of brooks laich talking about his sticks and his curve and he said that he used to use a Sakic curve, but when his new shipment came in they were all drury and he just said eff it and started using them and has been ever since. Crazy thinking about that now. I can barely adjust between a p92 and a p28

Laich was referring to Joe Sakic's actual player pattern not the retail Sakic (E3) pattern that we have come to know.

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/57093-joe-sakic-pro-stock-sticks/

It's almost like he's trying to take attention away from what we should be focused on :ph34r:.

Unless that Bauer logo on his stick is custom to the stick as well, that looks 1S-ey to me.

I don't know what to make of the bottom logo. Could be the Bauer equivalent of Ovi's CCM "Gr8" custom gear? I know it's definitely not the 1S. I've seen it and that's not it.

Looks to me like they've tried to combine the 1X logo with his number 8 and letter O.

Wouldn't be the 1X logo because those are MX3's. Looks like a lot of things. I'm seeing "O" around the outside, "V" bottom in red, and 8 in the middle. "OV8"

Wouldn't be the 1X logo because those are MX3's. Looks like a lot of things. I'm seeing "O" around the outside, "V" bottom in red, and 8 in the middle. "OV8"

The logo is Ovis personal clothing line, I have a shirt with it

On the Canadiens Instagram , Galchenyuk is wearing bauer gloves/skates and using an MX3...

Promo or is he done w/ CCM?

On the Canadiens Instagram , Galchenyuk is wearing bauer gloves/skates and using an MX3...

Promo or is he done w/ CCM?

52F7C975-F5F1-4B28-8E73-D87ADA9A0048_zps

Looks like he is done with CCM, why would he do a promo with another company's brand when he has his name on a retail curve?

Pearson giving the Re-Akt a go. Looks so much taller then the 5100. Also, don't know what his Dad would think about the Dynasty shoulders. locker_zps4uoessyp.jpg

Warrior and CCM are by far the most-used shoulders in the NHL. Believe it has something to do with the NHL standards.

As far as Galchenyuk is concerned, it wouldn't be the first time a company-endorsed player was spotted using other equipment.