Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Hamhuis has been using Base since the pre-season.

I'm curious as to why there isn't a massive "BASE" logo on that stick to promote the company. Any ideas? I've also seen a few pro stock Hamhuis Easton's which are usually 110 or 102 flex and a much more P88 like curve than a P92/BC92 curve.

I'm curious as to why there isn't a massive "BASE" logo on that stick to promote the company. Any ideas? I've also seen a few pro stock Hamhuis Easton's which are usually 110 or 102 flex and a much more P88 like curve than a P92/BC92 curve.

Isn't there a fee that the manufacturers have to pay the NHL in order for their products to be seen?

If so, maybe that's the case.

Isn't there a fee that the manufacturers have to pay the NHL in order for their products to be seen?

If so, maybe that's the case.

Yeah Base didn't pay the licensing fee.

Costs $100,000 to have your company's logo shown per category (ex. sticks, skates, gloves, etc). This type of advertising isn't in their business plan.

The last time I spoke with the guys from Base, they don't want to make batches of sticks for pro players unless they go through their fitting process. That's probably why Hamhuis' Base spec is different from his prior sticks.

Wow.....luckily this pair of Mako's were retro-fitted with Tuuks, otherwise we'd never hear the end of this ;)

"Bill, you set those rivets in Wilson's skates?"

"I thought you did."

"Maybe he won't notice."

Maybe he's talking to Panarin about it. Artemy used to do that in games.

1080415_3.jpg

It also used to be more common back in the Soviet days.

BureCSKA2.jpg

It's still pretty common in the KHL. Precisely as a cost saving measure I imagine, but also because it works. It holds nice and strong and it's nice to be able to adjust in two seconds as well. What Toews has looks like the classic straps that came with Jofa shins. Just the other day I saw a KHL guy with a CCM set.

Yup...we used to wear those in the 80's instead of tape. Dunno whatever happened to those.

Yup...we used to wear those in the 80's instead of tape. Dunno whatever happened to those.

I've seen CCM branded ones, so it seems like they're still available. I use mine instead of tape. It works great.

"Bill, you set those rivets in Wilson's skates?"

"I thought you did."

"Maybe he won't notice."

When Pure hockey opened here last year I was at a local shop when someone came in to get rivets "fixed" after PH had done them. The rivets were just placed into the holes, skipping over using the bursting die to set the rivets and sending the customer on his way.