Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

On 4/10/2016 at 2:35 AM, ryoichi said:

Tydan blades...

On 4/10/2016 at 3:30 AM, Jason said:

The Tydan blades don't appear to have runners compatible with Edge holders. Why won't Bauer let companies make steel for their holder? Charge them a fee if you want, but at least let them make them. Especially when your steel is simply subpar.

My buddy just ordered Black DLC Tydan blades for his edge holders. They do combo profiling on them too. I just ordered a set today, can't wait to slap them on. Give them a call to order

Full_Size_Render.jpg

14 hours ago, Boostinmister2 said:

My buddy just ordered Black DLC Tydan blades for his edge holders. They do combo profiling on them too. I just ordered a set today, can't wait to slap them on. Give them a call to order

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Bingo.  I wasn't allowed to explicitly say where I got my steel from, but since you guys found out yourself, the cat's out of the bag.  They're perfect. :D

23 minutes ago, A2rhino said:

Seems to have happen. I went on the site and only see steel for CCM.  I then was booted off the site. ????

It's still up.

8 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Seems to have happen. I went on the site and only see steel for CCM.  I then was booted off the site. ????

Same thing Happened to me.

10 minutes ago, exit955 said:

what stick is spezza using tonight? appears to be a silver easton

I'm curious as well. Here is a (poor) pic of it from game 2. Chrome Synergy GX perhaps?

CgVVeYtWIAEDK9z.jpg

10 hours ago, the iceman said:

jason-spezza-of-the-dallas-stars-handles

15 hours ago, exit955 said:

what stick is spezza using tonight? appears to be a silver easton

Seems to be a chrome CX that is spray painted on the lower portion of the shaft. Benn and Seguin do this with their sticks as well. 

@shoeshine boy The idea of only taping the front half of the blade is to emphasize stickhandling with the heel and shooting from the toe. In recent months, plenty of players who used to do it like this switched to a full tape job even covering the hosel, so YMMV. You'll find plenty of information on this topic in this forum by using the search.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, A2rhino said:

Funny. All I saw was CCM as the only option when I tried over the weekend.

Where was this? Because I wear CCM Jetspeeds and think the DLC runners are really cool looking and would love to get my hands on some. But like I said when I go on the site I only see the bauer's. Do you think I should email them?

6 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

I've noticed a fair amount of forwards taping their blades like Spezza;s. is there some shooting benefit to taping only half the blade?

Puck feel.  Tape dampens puck feel, especially if you do a lot of overlap.  I've found the "best of both worlds" tape job is the Panarin.  Roller hockey flat strips on the heel for less friction and puck feel, regular wrap tape job on the toe for spin/shooting friction.

2 hours ago, joegruber25 said:

Where was this? Because I wear CCM Jetspeeds and think the DLC runners are really cool looking and would love to get my hands on some. But like I said when I go on the site I only see the bauer's. Do you think I should email them?

The SB Black runners are made for the Speed Blade holders.  Those are CCM's version of DLC coated steel.  Another option would be Black Edge's Hyperglide DLC coated runners.