Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

If it's carbon, it must be awful similar to DLC (diamond like carbon). It looks like DLC.

On 2016-04-19 at 4:45 PM, decoy said:

Kane does not like the silver graphics.

1pt3ps.jpg

That's not black spraypaint - it's the 1X LE version. I think it doesn't look as good as the original 1X, tbh. Looks like a price-point stick.

bauer-vapor-1x-le-griptac-sr-hockey-stic

2 hours ago, MrData said:

That's not black spraypaint - it's the 1X LE version. I think it doesn't look as good as the original 1X, tbh. Looks like a price-point stick.

Nope, It's the 2016 Vapor 1X, and I didn' say it's spray painted. It's a factory job.

2r582l2.jpg

7 hours ago, adam14 said:

Which is odd considering in theory he's been stripped of Bauer face and naming...

What makes it odd? It's not like he's been banned from using their products...

13 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

What makes it odd? It's not like he's been banned from using their products...

just thought it was weird considering usually you want your poster boys to be the first using new models/graphics

21 hours ago, decoy said:

Nope, It's the 2016 Vapor 1X, and I didn' say it's spray painted. It's a factory job.

2r582l2.jpg

Looks like you're right, my bad! New 1X looks like a cross between the LE and the original version. A bit of black, a bit of silver. Not as ugly as the LE, but the original 1X looks better.

Although wasn't a fan of their overall jersey design, I did like their logo.  New one looks more suited for a shoulder patch IMO.

Personally I don't like the jerseys they have right now. Color Scheme just doesn't work for me with all three primary colors, need some different shades. So I am excited to see this team with new Jerseys. According to reports the "leaping panther" that has been around since '93 is staying so that's good.

On 4/22/2016 at 1:48 AM, MrData said:

Looks like you're right, my bad! New 1X looks like a cross between the LE and the original version. A bit of black, a bit of silver. Not as ugly as the LE, but the original 1X looks better.

Perhaps they are trying to fix the relationship. I mean I imagine Kane isn't an untouchable right now, especially after this season. I imagine the fact that Kane is still using their products speaks to that. Otherwise, why keep using the products of a company who aren't paying you to do so anymore when you're a superstar, you can easily find someone who is willing to pay you. Although, it's not like he can go to Easton. CCM and Warrior are really his only choice, as I doubt STX or True have the money he is looking for.

Because the endorsement deals pale in comparison to his hockey contract so endorsements aren't the end all-be all for most superstars when choosing products. It is what they like and feel comfortable with.

3 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Perhaps they are trying to fix the relationship. I mean I imagine Kane isn't an untouchable right now, especially after this season. I imagine the fact that Kane is still using their products speaks to that. Otherwise, why keep using the products of a company who aren't paying you to do so anymore when you're a superstar, you can easily find someone who is willing to pay you. Although, it's not like he can go to Easton. CCM and Warrior are really his only choice, as I doubt STX or True have the money he is looking for.

Did Bauer actually drop Kane as a sponsored athlete? He's still list on their website and they've been using him in promo material for the 1X protective line

Patrick Marleau's (how old?) 9K Reebok skates. He can still fly in these, and I wondered if he just ordered a 100 pairs when he heard they were going to get increasingly stiffer with future models way back when. Some closer-up shots make me think he's possible still in a pair that's seen at least a full season or two...if that's even possible. Does anyone know if there's been a feature on his old old boots during a game or from local news? Sometimes they feature players' weird gear.

Cd795z0W8AQj9z2.jpg74eX2eN.png

Joe Thronton is the same way with the old CCM skates U+ skates. Was in Tuuk Custom + holders but now is Tuuk Edge holders.