Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

You can tell from Kasatonov's gear it's more recent: JetSpeeds and recent Warrior paint scheme...it's more recent. From last week actually I think. Gala Night League Match or something or other. Bure was back in his Vapors:

1264601_3.jpg

honestly I'm not familiar with all those rules , but there is a question I'm interested in - is there no conflict between Bauer and CCM , placing CCM logo on Bauer helmet?

Leagues or Teams will sometimes have contracts that all visible gear has to be CCM, or Whomever.  If someone needs to wear a non CCM branded item, they'll either (if the contract allows this) Just blank out the logo, or sticker it like they do here.  Sometimes on gloves they'll replace the cuff with the proper brand to satisfy the contract.  

9 minutes ago, Gummer12 said:

Leagues or Teams will sometimes have contracts that all visible gear has to be CCM, or Whomever.  If someone needs to wear a non CCM branded item, they'll either (if the contract allows this) Just blank out the logo, or sticker it like they do here.  Sometimes on gloves they'll replace the cuff with the proper brand to satisfy the contract.  

Like the guy in that picture with tape covering the Warrior logo on his AX1 gloves.

Bauer Re-Akt 100 or 75 with a CCM sticker since CCM is their national team's official equipment supplier.

20 minutes ago, the iceman said:

florida-panthers-unveil-new-jerseys.jpg?

uni_watch_panthers_get_a_makeover_m5.jpg

Good God I hate these. Probably sounding like a broken record but looking too much like a soccer jersey for my liking. Logo is OK, but the gold and white is awkward + the numbers on the shoulders is going to be an eyesore. Seems cluttered.

I hate the numbers on the shoulders. Looks terrible. I also think the only way your uniform should have laces is if your uniform had laces earlier in its history. Otherwise, it's dumb.

other than that, I actually like them.

I'm not a fan of the numbers on the shoulders. But... thinking about the fan and TV perspective it seems to make a bit of sense why they've placed them there for easy recognition. Works for the NFL (not that they have another option).

Also heard that they'll have a captains arm band, not a C, has anyone else seen this confirmed/denied?

I don't mind them but they don't look like a professional sports team jersey. They don't really look like soccer jerseys either but rather like a college team.

4 hours ago, steve66 said:

I'm not a fan of the numbers on the shoulders. But... thinking about the fan and TV perspective it seems to make a bit of sense why they've placed them there for easy recognition. Works for the NFL (not that they have another option).

Also heard that they'll have a captains arm band, not a C, has anyone else seen this confirmed/denied?

The captain gets a special patch above the crest on the sleeve, it's not an arm band. The NHL rules require a C and A on the front of the sweater -- if FLA wants to remove it, they'll need a league-approved variance.

Red Wings have used the Captains logo on the arm before, so it isn't out of the realm of the NHL to allow that to happen.

Either way these are really militaristic design (specially with the captain chevron).

I think if they flipped the shoulder numbers down to the arms and the alternate crest up to the shoulders then they would look good.

I actually don't mind the look in general, it's clean, and though "simple" it's not nearly as dull as Carolina's blanding down of their jerseys.

It does remind me of soccer jerseys in a sense, but for Miami that may not be a bad thing, and it does make them stand out.

Better to embrace a unique identity than be like Tampa and try to appropriate the Leafs and Red Wings.

The one parts I don't quite like are the socks and the neck laces.  The color band on the socks seems way too wide for my eyes, especially on the home socks....that large white space just doesn't work for me. I'm also fall into the camp of "if you're not an old-time team then you don't wear neck laces", the fact that these laces aren't even remotely functional just makes it a worse affectation to me. Faux vintage should be avoided.

Anyhow, it seems to be following the league trend of "simplifying" jersey designs. Hopefully, it's not in order to create space for future ads.

1 hour ago, Vuronov said:

Faux vintage should be avoided.

Totally agree, applying this to architecture, clothes, etc. But that's the American way.

I think I'd like the FLA jerseys more if the gold and blue stripes traded places. That and I miss the old flying panther logo. This one looks only mildly interested.

Can someone tell me what ties the Panthers have to the military if any? Usually teams that rely heavily on military themed attire have some kind of relation like Norfolk Admirals 

I get being patriotic but is there an actual reason to be, or are you just shooting from the hip (pun intended)?

EDIT: also LOL @ previously leaked jerseys. Didn't have picture but one person who described it said the panther logo had its teeth bared. So looks like they changed it. Me personally, I like when the teeth are showing. Looks much more  panther like rather than a female lion. 

The logo is inspired by the logo of the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army which their owner was a member of in the 70's.