Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

On 6/4/2016 at 8:08 PM, Bbd94 said:

Can someone tell me what ties the Panthers have to the military if any? Usually teams that rely heavily on military themed attire have some kind of relation like Norfolk Admirals 

I get being patriotic but is there an actual reason to be, or are you just shooting from the hip (pun intended)?

EDIT: also LOL @ previously leaked jerseys. Didn't have picture but one person who described it said the panther logo had its teeth bared. So looks like they changed it. Me personally, I like when the teeth are showing. Looks much more  panther like rather than a female lion. 

Evidently a bunch of their new staff are from Westpoint. And they seem to be only hiring people from Westpoint... according to a hockey podcast and Jeff Marek.

33 minutes ago, Hills said:

Evidently a bunch of their new staff are from Westpoint. And they seem to be only hiring people from Westpoint... according to a hockey podcast and Jeff Marek.

Gotcha, this makes more sense now rather than just their owner having military ties 

On 6/3/2016 at 5:02 AM, steve66 said:

I'm not a fan of the numbers on the shoulders. But... thinking about the fan and TV perspective it seems to make a bit of sense why they've placed them there for easy recognition. Works for the NFL (not that they have another option).

Also heard that they'll have a captains arm band, not a C, has anyone else seen this confirmed/denied?

On 6/3/2016 at 9:56 AM, laserrobottime said:

The captain gets a special patch above the crest on the sleeve, it's not an arm band. The NHL rules require a C and A on the front of the sweater -- if FLA wants to remove it, they'll need a league-approved variance.

They will have the regular C and A on the front of the sweater but they will also have the arm band as well.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, Boostinmister2 said:

My buddy just ordered Black DLC Tydan blades for his edge holders. They do combo profiling on them too. I just ordered a set today, can't wait to slap them on. Give them a call to order

Full_Size_Render.jpg

I ordered a set of the Tydan DLC steel and got them the other day. I have to say that they look nothing like what they advertise on the site. I received a pair of steel that looks like a dull flat black paint job sprayed on them. I can see looking from the bottom up that they appear to have what would be the DLC coating, however never seeing this before and expecting a cleaner look, for a lack of a better word. Is this how they are suppose to look? They are advertised with the name on the steel and look as though it should have a bit of a gloss to it as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

3 hours ago, A2rhino said:

I ordered a set of the Tydan DLC steel and got them the other day. I have to say that they look nothing like what they advertise on the site. I received a pair of steel that looks like a dull flat black paint job sprayed on them. I can see looking from the bottom up that they appear to have what would be the DLC coating, however never seeing this before and expecting a cleaner look, for a lack of a better word. Is this how they are suppose to look? They are advertised with the name on the steel and look as though it should have a bit of a gloss to it as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

They are exactly that.  Supposed to be flat, dull black, not gloss.  They aren't as pretty as Black Edge or Step Blacksteel but believe me it's great steel.

The carbon coating is also permeated (at a lesser level) throughout the steel too.

It's a matte finish.

I have to assume that they're just taking Bauer stock steel and are coating it.   They probably dolled them up for their website.

Not a crazy sighting but Matthews signed with Bauer and is wearing the new Nexus skates. Interesting color scheme too

I concur, the jersey is too plain and simple.  This is very much a cash grab.  I mean, the Toronto Maple Leafs will be selling another jersey for the NHL Centennial Classic, and if they plan to do what the Montreal Canadiens did in their Centennial Season, they'll be re-introducing four to five jerseys from the past throughout the 2016-2017 Regular Season.  In addition, in one year's time, Adidas will be making uniforms for NHL teams, and the Leafs will likely redesign their jersey again in some shape or form.  For example: shoulder patches and/or an additional stripe at the bottom of the jersey.

Note: I do like how "Honour. Pride. Courage." have been stitched into the collar.

I'm mostly going to miss the socks. I liked the old style stripes they had. 

I think if they're not going to have shoulder patches they need to at least have contrasting shoulder yokes. I also think there should be contrasting wrist cuffs like in 93. These remind me way too much of the awful AWFUL things they introduced after the lockout that had no stripes on the bottom and no shoulder patches. 

I know it would have been too easy to go back to the 3rd jersey they wore in the early 00s but that was probably one of the best jerseys the team ever had. 

Just go with these and call it a day. They even satisfy Lou's anal pant branding nonsense, excepting the white logos on the left thigh. Dougie lookin' fresh... 

canadian-hockey-player-doug-gilmour-of-t

7 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

The only thing the Leafs change more than coaches is their sweaters.

Except that that's completely untrue

1 hour ago, AIREAYE said:

Except that that's completely untrue

Well.... 5 or so coaching changes over the last 10 years.  To go along with 5 or so jersey revisions/additions in that same time period.

Its debatable.

On 6/26/2016 at 1:27 PM, #94 said:

Just go with these and call it a day. They even satisfy Lou's anal pant branding nonsense, excepting the white logos on the left thigh. Dougie lookin' fresh... 

canadian-hockey-player-doug-gilmour-of-t

There is way too many stripes on the arms of this jersey. I'd take the new one over this.

1 hour ago, OzziesDad said:

Well.... 5 or so coaching changes over the last 10 years.  To go along with 5 or so jersey revisions/additions in that same time period.

Its debatable.

http://m.nhluniforms.com/MapleLeafs/MapleLeafs.html

That would be 4 main home and away changes since 2006. More if you count 3rds, so you're right then. I only remembered the latter 3.