Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Machinehead2k5

E-Pros to SB 4.0

I had some RBK 6ks with the E-pro holder and just bought some RBZ 75s with the SB 4.0 holders. My skating stride doesn't feel as comfortable as it did (as well as some balance issues) with my old RBKs.

Is there a pitch difference with the new SBs from the EPs that I need to profile out?

Thanks in advance!

I had some RBK 6ks with the E-pro holder and just bought some RBZ 75s with the SB 4.0 holders. My skating stride doesn't feel as comfortable as it did (as well as some balance issues) with my old RBKs.

Is there a pitch difference with the new SBs from the EPs that I need to profile out?

Thanks in advance!

In same boat many members on MSQ. About 3 themes on week. I don't know why, but JR Bobicaut can make TRUE (real) database or PIN Topic: holders pitch, balance point on stock steel and etc... That good start point for who change skates.

according to the literature the SB is taller in the back by 3-4 mm causing a slightly more forward pitch. My son switched from Epro on 16k's to the SB on his RBZ's and felt the difference right away as well. He's on the ice 4-5 times a week and adjusted without any problem.

The holder is the same pitch as the E-Pro, only taller. I believe they have adjusted the balance point and stock radius on the steel to match with Bauer's 9' radius offerings.

Ahh okay. Hmm. I wonder if it's the rocker then. If I put my feet together in my RBZs most of my weight feels like it's on the inside of the boot, with the 6ks the weight feels even distributed? Could the holders be mounted askew? Does that happen from the factory?

I fixed the foot issue, but I now realized why I felt sore during the skates. My ankle doesn't fill the volume in the higher ankle area. Lots of space that I'm not used to. Coming from the pumps that space would somewhat be filled in with the bladder, but in the RBZs they aren't.

I have noticed a similar feeling of being more on my toes with my new Ribcor 50k's compared to my old 7k's. I always wrote it off thinking that the holder was more aggressively pitched, but the stock radius change makes sense if it has indeed been adjusted. I haven't had too much trouble with the switch after a couple weeks.