Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

People raving about G3 don't know what they are talking about and the 1N does not mimic G3 anything because it's textreme carbon and not 12k for one and two

G3 is a custom flex profile with 3 different zones tweaked by the individual its customized for. You can have fused two piece, different carbon in the blade than the shaft and different flexes throughout the shaft. There is NO WAY of telling what you have with a G3 pro stock stick unless you have secret Intel on said sticks specs from Bauer. How do I know these things? Maybe from being an NCAA equipment manager but don't listen to me, clearly you've got your sights set on the price point Nexus line. There are people who THINK they know and people who actually know. Good luck

I've noticed most pros that opt for G3 use a One95 blade. Why? And when you say fused 2-piece with G3, does that mean if I wanted an APX2 shaft with a One95 blade, I wouldn't get a "monocomp" stick like I'd find in my LHS?

People raving about G3 don't know what they are talking about and the 1N does not mimic G3 anything because it's textreme carbon and not 12k for one and two

G3 is a custom flex profile with 3 different zones tweaked by the individual its customized for. You can have fused two piece, different carbon in the blade than the shaft and different flexes throughout the shaft. There is NO WAY of telling what you have with a G3 pro stock stick unless you have secret Intel on said sticks specs from Bauer. How do I know these things? Maybe from being an NCAA equipment manager but don't listen to me, clearly you've got your sights set on the price point Nexus line. There are people who THINK they know and people who actually know. Good luck

I am not arguing anything with you or discounting that you know what you're talking about when it comes to equipment. I have heard people loved G3. Maybe I misinterpreted what the Bauer rep in the total hockey video said when he said players where switching from G3 to the 1N technology. I also do know that a G3 stick is completely different from whatever graphics where slapped on the shafts. I don't see how a $200 stick is a "price point stick". It is simply 1 tier down from the 1N with similar features, and was just looking for a little feed back on the stick vs last years top end stick. I am not sold on the N9000 or the 8000. Hell I could go and maybe buy a 1N if I find one for the right price. I don't know. My fall season is coming up, and its about time for a new stick just trying to get my research in.

Reps are salesman, take what they say with a grain of salt. All I'm saying is if I could spend $200 it wouldn't be on a new price point stick when I could get the top of the line Nexus 8000, NXG, MX3, APX2, you can even get 1X all day on eBay for less than $150.00. You don't need pro stock you can find retail high end stuff in your specs there too. That's all.

Reps are salesman, take what they say with a grain of salt. All I'm saying is if I could spend $200 it wouldn't be on a new price point stick when I could get the top of the line Nexus 8000, NXG, MX3, APX2, you can even get 1X all day on eBay for less than $150.00. You don't need pro stock you can find retail high end stuff in your specs there too. That's all.

I agree. I wish I could find a NXG in my specs never got the chance to use one, but heard great things.

What are your specs? All I know is p88 and you cut to the 100 mark. How about how many inches you cut and what flex you want to BE at after the cut?

I use P88 L 87 flex. As far as how many inches Id have to check when I am home with one of my sticks. If I remember correctly on a retail bauer it is between the 95 flex line and 105 line, but closer to where the 95 flex line is.

EDIT: Sorry should have read the entire question. I would say around 95 flex after the cut would be ideal which is right around where I am now if I remember correctly.

Fused one piece is what I meant. OVI uses a fused one piece for example. Easton does a lot of this too.

But it wouldn't be a true-one piece, right?

Why do pros like the One95 blade so much?

I use P88 L 87 flex. As far as how many inches Id have to check when I am home with one of my sticks. If I remember correctly on a retail bauer it is between the 95 flex line and 105 line, but closer to where the 95 flex line is.

EDIT: Sorry should have read the entire question. I would say around 95 flex after the cut would be ideal which is right around where I am now if I remember correctly.

P88 L 87 if cut 2 inches will be a 96 flex unless it's an SE model which has thicker side walls and plays stiffer. Easy specs to find something in because I've been on that bandwagon in my experiment phase. That might be the most popular combination on the retail side tied with P92 87 flex. The one95 blade is popular because someone liked it, got comfortable and resisted change. The same goes for O33 sticks (pro stock totalone) which is still used by both Kanes and Mike Richards for example. Hockey players find something that clicks and they stick with it because change doesn't always equate to positive results, the Nexus line is a good example as well as the NXG moving to the MX3. On the retail side they HAVE to make changes to keep it fresh even though sometimes it isn't good to most. They're not bad sticks mind you and some will say they improved while others shy away. Few examples of sticks that people use the "If it ain't broken don't fix it" mind set with...

Reebok Ribcor (40k has new blade and technora)

TotalOne NXG (MX3 has new blade)

Stealth S19 (cult like following, V9e and CX just don't stack up to most people)

Original APX as well. I have a Palmieri 1N stick that's actually an APX. Tyler Seguin still uses his A26 95 flex (APX) dressed as a Nexus 8000. There are others of course who change sticks with the weather like Marchand and Krejci

What are your specs? All I know is p88 and you cut to the 100 mark. How about how many inches you cut and what flex you want to BE at after the cut?

okay so I just measured the piece I cut off my MX3 and I cut its about 3.5". Which puts it a little over 100 Flex like a 102. I am comfortable with that flex. I know earlier you said I should try a softer flex, but when I cut down a 77 flex that much it just feels too soft at roughly 90 flex.

Your 100% wrong about G3 being different for every player. G3 is a specific flex profile. They only call it custom because its only custom order. Every pro G3 stick has the same flex profile very similar to the first nexus sticks profile. They are always wrapped in 12K carbon but if you know about how sticks are made the 12k carbon is a wrap it is like a carbon fiber sleeve that goes over the shaft and is baked onto the shaft. the stick is not 12k carbon under the outside layer its a wrap. Under the 12k looks the same as the inside of the shaft if you took the plug out of the top and looked at the inside its just carbon fibers. The wrap is there to protect the hair thin like fibers of carbon under the wrap. Textreme is different and not just because the 24k wrap the quality of the carbon fiber is better than the retail sticks below it. The carbon in the blade is the same as in the shaft like i said the 3k, 12k or 24k carbon is just a wrap for the blade and shaft. Each wrap has a different feel to it but most pros use the 3k wrap on the blade but i have seen the 24k wrap on the blade too. Not every G3 has a 3k blade but they do all have the 12k wrap on the shaft since the shaft wrap won't effect the puck feel of the blade i believe your not given a choice on the carbon wrap on the shaft.

I don't know for sure where this rumor that every G3 stick is different flex and its 3 different flex points started. i think it probably started on this or another hockey message board and the rumor just spread around, I actually thought the same thing at one point. But I've heard straight from bauer's mouth that the G3 flex profile was the idea for the first nexus stick, they changed it a little with the 8000 and they tweaked it again for the 1N. Nexus series is the closest retail stick to the G3 flex profile. Its a fact that every G3 stick has the same profile.

okay so I just measured the piece I cut off my MX3 and I cut its about 3.5". Which puts it a little over 100 Flex like a 102. I am comfortable with that flex. I know earlier you said I should try a softer flex, but when I cut down a 77 flex that much it just feels too soft at roughly 90 flex.

With that cut its about +15 flex. Supreme line plays stiffer than Nexus or Vapor

With that cut its about +15 flex. Supreme line plays stiffer than Nexus or Vapor

Yes I defiantly noticed that. My APX defiantly plays softer than my MX3. My problem is when I tried the original nexus line I tried it in a 77 flex and hated it so I wrote the nexus line off completely. It wasn't until I went back to the supreme line in a 77 flex that I realized a 77 flex wasn't for me. I do want to give the nexus line another shot, but in a 87 flex.

Yes I defiantly noticed that. My APX defiantly plays softer than my MX3. My problem is when I tried the original nexus line I tried it in a 77 flex and hated it so I wrote the nexus line off completely. It wasn't until I went back to the supreme line in a 77 flex that I realized a 77 flex wasn't for me. I do want to give the nexus line another shot, but in a 87 flex.

In that case I'd get yourself a close out 8000 or go for gold and get the 1N. Don't bother with the other

Living in Ontario and working at one of the big box stores, I was surprisingly underwhelmed at how the 1N felt. Heavy unbalanced and "dead" for lack of a better word. It did kick nicely when I shot with it, however at a $319.99 price point I would say there are many better options at better prices.

Sorry but this is incorrect. G3 isnt a custom player to player flex profile. Some features are custom to the player(blade/grip) but the idea of the three flex zones every G3 player can choose from is false. Heard that a long time ago but I thought we have moved past that and realized that to be wrong. G3 and Nexus(Retail) are the most similar in terms of flex profile, not materials.

1n is an amAzing stick after using it for my last few weeks of ice. I prefer it over all top end bauers dating back a few now to the original total one. Why everyone loving the 1000 is weird it didn't kick at all.

The 1n takes all the issues and fixes the 1000 and 8000 into what the nexus stick should do.

G3 is a great profile ( had a bieksa G3 years ago ) fav stick ever and the 1n plays just like the G3

I'm a Bauer guy so I won't bs that I'm bias. lol however coming from a total one the difference in kick and load is night and day.

It does all shots well. I'm a slapperfirst player and I have been clocked shooting 91 mph with a nxg. I bet I can shoot harder with this. I took a couple clappers that down right scare people and I noticed they were harder. I plan on clocking side to side in an upcoming ice time where my buddy has his radar

My second fave shot is down the left wing drag wrister. The release is so effortless and the velocity that comes off is crazy. I also use a 102 flex and it feels like 95. So loading even a stiff flex seems to generate more power. Shooting is what this stick is imo. Quick snaps just rocket.I don't care about puck feel and blade and I've never noticed those when I lean into shots. So I can't comment if that is good or not

I'm no technical stick guy I just know I can shoot harder better and quicker. I also shoot with my core rotation and lean into sticks as I'm a baseball player first and shoot similar to a bat swing using core to generate power

I do wish it had the spiral grip like the total one though.

Overall if u shoot by leaning into clappers u will shoot rockets and it loads quick and easy for those who like quick shots as well. It seems like the best of both worlds

Thx Bubaloo, I like to take wristers and slappers so this is good to hear. I was also wondering about the durability of this stick? Does the blade break down quickly like the Easton's? How is it for taking slashes down by the shaft and blade? All of my Mako 2's broke after getting a knick from slashes and then a would take a slap shot and the stick would break in half.

Thx Bubaloo, I like to take wristers and slappers so this is good to hear. I was also wondering about the durability of this stick? Does the blade break down quickly like the Easton's? How is it for taking slashes down by the shaft and blade? All of my Mako 2's broke after getting a knick from slashes and then a would take a slap shot and the stick would break in half.

I would expect similar durability to previous Nexus sticks since they essentially use the same materials as before with minor tweaks as the model evolved to the current 1N which I must say is excellent. I've used the crap out of my 1000s and 8000s in the past. I take a lot of slapshots, one timers, wrists and snaps and I haven't even really felt a break down of the sticks. In my experience they are the most durable stick in the family. These are nothing like Easton as far as durability. From using every major stick in actual games and shooting sessions I'd say Bauer is the most reliable (the Vapor line tends to be fragile) with CCM coming in second. If you like wrist shots and power I recommend the stick. They say low kick sticks are the best for wrist shots but I beg to differ.

I've never had issues with durability in bauers. I usually get the next stick from Bauer each release so they last till then. Usually 2 per period. My next stick for fun will probably be the 1s

I've never had issues with durability in bauers. I usually get the next stick from Bauer each release so they last till then. Usually 2 per period. My next stick for fun will probably be the 1s

Yeah, durability on the Nexus' have been great. My 1000's have held up, I just happen to be on my last one since they were released.