Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

Just got to use it last week but not for too long. I did find it was a tad dampened too but I sure loved the release, I can see why a lot of G3 NHL'ers are making the switch.

Also, I didn't notice any problems with the blade opening up for me.

I noticed wrist shots came off very nicely but snap shots felt mushy. Like too much of the effort was going in to flexing the shaft and not translating well into power. Can't comment on ice though I was in the Bauer shooting room

Fake ice is terrible for shots it has way more friction and drag. I notice a massive difference from real ice to fake ice when demo shooting a stick

FedEx delivered my batch of 4 x 87 flex Grip PM9's last week.

The shaft plays a lot stiffer than any top-of-the-line Bauer stick I've owned over the last 2 years. (NXG, MX3, APX2, 1X, 8000). The blade doesn't feel the same as my MX3 or APX2 either, considering they're both built with the PowerSense 2. The stick feels rather boxy (more so than it's decedents) and a little dead to the touch of a puck.

Overall, I'm not super impressed, I was really hoping for a solution to my much loved and missed batch of Nexus 1000's.

Can anyone tell me why they wouldn't use the AeroSense Blade with the 1N release?

I had my first skate with a 1N last night (87 flex, P28, cut 1.5"). Shout out to 60PlusWinger for some stick advice that helped in selecting flex and curve.

I never used a 1000 or 8000 so my comment will be a bit off topic as I compare it to other brands/models..

The 1N feels pretty good so far, pucks are defiantly get some velocity on them, wrist shots feel the best. I noticed that my lower hand was always in the "sweet spot/flex area" if that's worth anything to you.

I liked the blade feel too, its not as lively as the 1X. I thought the blade felt simular to a Tacks blade, the Tacks clearly has the stiffer blade though. I can tell the difference in shot release as well, I can get shots off quicker with the 1X, 40K, V9/V9E.

Call me crazy if you want but the way the shaft felt when I was flexing reminded me of a Superfast..

I'll reserve my final thoughts on the stick until I've had a few more skates with it.

After using a P28 87 flex full length the stick is magic. I don't get too excited about new sticks even though I've used damn near everything but the "is it worth it" question being answered by myself after game time with it? Absolutely.

60PlusWinger, so I take you bought one of the Bauer Nexus 1N P28 87 flex sticks for yourself and got to try it out on the ice? I was seriously thinking on getting the 1N P28 77 flex as I've tried it at the shooting area at the LHS and really liked how it felt. I'm an Easton guy for sticks too so hopefully this stick helps my shot.

How the stick works in a Bauer shooting cage on fake ice vs actually using it on ice is way different for the better. I have used the 1N on free sheet of ice all to myself for an hour where I took an unhealthy amount of shots, all different kinds of shots in every way I can shoot them, one game under my belt too. The stick is fantastic and it indeed improved my shot. I've never shot better with another stick and I am one of the people that believes it's the Indian not the arrow. Fantastic shooting, versatile stick.

How the stick works in a Bauer shooting cage on fake ice vs actually using it on ice is way different for the better. I have used the 1N on free sheet of ice all to myself for an hour where I took an unhealthy amount of shots, all different kinds of shots in every way I can shoot them, one game under my belt too. The stick is fantastic and it indeed improved my shot. I've never shot better with another stick and I am one of the people that believes it's the Indian not the arrow. Fantastic shooting, versatile stick.

I've had a few games with my 1N now and definitely agree its a great stick, great balance, good puck feel, easy to load and shoot. I used to swap my sticks around every game but since getting the 1N I haven't been doing that or even thinking about what i'd like to change with my stick selections. I picked up a A5.2 as well and now I'm just mixing it up between those two. Looks like a lot of NHL'ers are using the 1N's as well.. So that says something

How does the a5.2 compare to the 1N?

The blade on the A5.2 is more lively than the 1N and the shaft feels a little different when loading it up, I think it feels like a cross between the 1N and a superfast. It also has less grip coating and the shaft is a bit rounder is a bit. I think the A5.2 is lighter too.

Also not sure if it's relevant, but I'm using 87 flex P28 on the 1N and 95 flex TC3 on the A5.2 (apparently same as the P28). The TC3's blade isn't as high in the heel but the toe is wider than the P28. They both feel the same flex wise. I'm undecided which one I like more to be honest!

I was one of the lucky ones to win one for free and I have to say while it's not the 1000 it definitely surpasses the 8000 all the way down to the graphics (which obviously don't matter I just think they look great) the blade does seem to be a bit softer especially coming from an nxg and 8000. The kick point is great, you get a lot of pop and power off of such an easy to flex stick but still maintain a quick release. I'm really between flexes right now and decided to bump it up to an 87 and I had exclusively been using 77's for a year now and while it is noticeably stiffer it's still an extremely easy flexing stick and I plan on using it as long as it lasts.

anybody happen to know what flex I get by cutting a 77 flex 1N by about 3 inches? Is it written on the shaft (I know it is on the 1X)?

How does the a5.2 compare to the 1N?

It's on the other end of the spectrum. It's a very lively, pingy blade, while the Nexus blade is marshmallow soft. I love the feel of the True.

Considering I'm the one who started the thread my feedback after 7 games and 3 open ice sessions with my 1N is positive. I currently own a Nexus 1000 82 flex P92 pro stock RB8A which is retail construction as well as a 1N 87 flex P28. I have owned 2 Nexus 1000 102 flexes before that as well as 3 Nexus 8000s. The 1N is phenomenal and definitely worth it. Shots are just so hot and so easily. I can't confirm they tweaked the shaft shape but for some reason it just feels so nice in hand and wrist shots sail as well as snappers and slap shots. I've used NXGs, MX3s, 1Xs and APX2s and it's really the best of all those sticks together. I can't say that I really feel more power coming out of the total ones but I can say that I'd rather have 1x puck feel but the 1N is still very good in that department. To answer the question of is it that much better I do believe so

I've been using a batch of pro stock Eric Nystrom G3s for the past 5 years and my stock is starting to run low.

I am well aware the flex profiles are the same and the difference is in the materials. Can anyone who has used a G3 and a nexus 1000/8000/1N comment and compare which model you like the best?

Ps if anyone has any Nystroms please send me a DM!

So is the thinking that the 1N is the closest stick to a Nexus 1000 since?

I've tried several sticks since I broke my 1000 - 8000, AX1, AX1LT, NXG, APX2, QR1, Ultra Tacks, and a 5.2. None of them have shots explode off the blade with little effort like the 1000 did. The True 5.2 is closest, imo. The flex feels very close but it's just not as hot.