Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

The puck feel is different but if you're looking for a shot that explodes off the blade easily it does so much easier than the 1000. I have both and the 1N is much better IMO

Cool. And just to be sure, you likie it better than the 8000, right? To me that stick was garbage. It didn't have the same flex or pop as the 1000.

+1 on the 1000. Loved that stick. Started using a Kreps so switched to the Mako II when the the e28 came out. Just used the 1N for the first time last night (P28) and I really like it. Shots came off pretty hot with very little effort.

+1 on the 1000. Loved that stick. Started using a Kreps so switched to the Mako II when the the e28 came out. Just used the 1N for the first time last night (P28) and I really like it. Shots came off pretty hot with very little effort.

What flex did you get and how big are you as I was thinking on getting the 77 flex as I like a whippy stick?

Sometimes it's the case and sometimes it's not. The truth is hockey players are the most resistant to change. Once they find something that clicks they stick with it. Not often do players upgrade with the new releases.

anybody used a 1x, 1n and mx3 that can provide info on the feel between the models?

i have been considering the 1n recently as more of an all rounder but playing in a forward position means i am taking a lot of quick shots. how is the 1n in terms of qiuck shots compared to the 1x?

i know the mx3 is going to be replaced by the 1s soon but what is the supreme line like in comparison?

anybody used a 1x, 1n and mx3 that can provide info on the feel between the models?

i have been considering the 1n recently as more of an all rounder but playing in a forward position means i am taking a lot of quick shots. how is the 1n in terms of qiuck shots compared to the 1x?

i know the mx3 is going to be replaced by the 1s soon but what is the supreme line like in comparison?

I play left and right wing. I'm very much a shooter and I have owned 2 1xs, more MX3s than I can count and am currently in a 1N with a custom 1N on the way. I think it's a terrible misconception if anyone puts the Nexus in as a jack of all trades master of non. The puck feel of the 1x is better for sure but the 1ns is still very good and I personally don't think the 1x gets shots off quicker for me than my 1x. The mx3 shoots very well, snap shots and slap shots come off hard but the blade is too dampened for me and wrist shots though good come off a bit slow. After using my 1N for about 10 games now I've never used a better stick, every shot comes off hot even the quick ones. I don't think there's a release trade off with the 1n over the 1x.

excellent feedback thanks. how does the 1n feel for bigger shots?

Again, no trade off in the one timer or slapshot side. I take one timers playing the off wing and I've noticed no decrease in power from the mx3 in fact I'd bet I'm shooting harder.

great feedback, i like low kickpoint sticks so it will be a big change going for a higher kickpoint stick.

Loved the jump from my X:60 to the 1000. You'll really love how effortless shots are and how it really is great at everything.

Finally got myself 2x 1N SE 77 flex...one is cut and taped up, ready for testing tomorrow - lets see if it can ever replace my beloved V9 :)

This stick felt awesome off-ice, I had a chance to blind test (got to shoot blacked out top tier sticks) it in the Bauer Experience store in Burlington/MA and I instantly fell in love.

After almost two months of use, this is by far bauers best stick to date. This is a shooters stick. It does everything well. I'm curious as to how long it will last me as it's been two months and probably 20 plus ice times and I'm a heavy shooter. But wow. I'll be picking up a lot of these.

After almost two months of use, this is by far bauers best stick to date. This is a shooters stick. It does everything well. I'm curious as to how long it will last me as it's been two months and probably 20 plus ice times and I'm a heavy shooter. But wow. I'll be picking up a lot of these.

Did you have the nexus 8000 before? Can you compare?

Did you have the nexus 8000 before? Can you compare?

I have had 4 8000s. The stick loads easier, it is whippier and lighter. The blade feels more dampened but in a good way. The puck feel is still solid. With the 8000 I found some off camber shots to not come off like they should but those same shots fly with the 1N. It's almost impossible to take a bad shot with

The 8000 was garbage. Felt heavy and did not load the same. Kick was meh on that as well. The load and release of the 1n is hard to match. And it's lighter. I tried to use my mx3 in warm up yesterday just to see as I haven't in awhile and I couldn't even use it any more I just loved the 1n to much. I'll be getting another as soon as it breaks.