Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Travislicious

Bauer MX3 elbow pads, will that sleeve get all nasty?

Hey fellow gear nerds,

I'm in the market for new elbow pads and after trying pretty much every brand/model available to me, I think the Bauer Supreme MX3 provides the best fit for my arms.

My concern is that the integrated sleeve is going to soak up a bunch of sweat and either make me uncomfortable in game, as well as if that fabric is going to lose it's nice feel over the course of the season or two. The MX3 elbow seems to be the only piece of Bauer high end protective without the 37.5 technology, which is a slight mark against it in my books.

Anyhow, do any of you currently rock the MX3 elbow and have some opinions on the above?

Thanks in advance!

-T

Actually, funny timing. Yesterday, we had a customer come back with MX3 elbows that were making him break out in a really weird rash/hive.

Actually, funny timing. Yesterday, we had a customer come back with MX3 elbows that were making him break out in a really weird rash/hive.

That's actually really interesting. :)

It's the intangibles like this that it's so hard to predict before going for a skate and sweat with them.

This isn't the first I've heard about something like this. Can't remember where I heard it but it was Bauer related.

This isn't the first I've heard about something like this. Can't remember where I heard it but it was Bauer related.

I also remember hearing something along these lines. I think it was specific to the liner in the MX3 stuff.

WOW, and I thought it was just me...

My APX elbows made me rash up as well... I washed them in warm water with a fragrance free detergent, and problem solved. May have been some residual crap left over during the making process. Glue, fibers.. who knows..

They were fine after that...

So to wrap this up, after looking at elbow pads again, I went a different direction and went for a one-size-down Nexus 8000 set. I realize its a wider pad, but the downsize actually makes it fit my arm well as well. I'm playing a couple games on Saturday and excited to hit the ice with them.