Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbaugh93

Best looking helmet cage combo

In your opinion what do you think is the best looking helmet and cage combo? I personally use a Navy Bauer Re-akt (color needed for team) with a chrome CCM FM460 cage that i think looks pretty sweet. So what is your favorite combo?

FWIW, I have never been more comfortable, and have never seen the ice better than with my CCM Res helmet, with CCM res 300 white cage. (If this matters ...)

I'm using a cheapy Bauer 2100 combo that doesn't look bad, but I do think the higher end Bauer combos look fine.

Even if I look like a dumbass in my cage, I've taken 2 pucks off the cage and have a full smile to show for it :biggrin:

Reakt, resistance, v10 and 4500 with a black ccm cage (not the new resistance ones) any of those it comes down to which looks better on you. Crome cages are also sick but hard to find

• Like 1

Just finished my last season of wearing a cage. I'm a big fan of the 4500 with a 480 or 580 ccm cage in black, also the V08 with the same cage in black or Chrome.

I find a lot of the new helmets look like bubbles on top of your head, the resistance line isn't too bad but not nearly as good looking as the old V08.

dm_141009_espnw_hilary_knight_summit.jpg

I am by no means an expert, but at the angle of this photo, it looks like the cage is a bit long for your face. Is it just the photo, or do you prefer it that way?

All kidding aside... neither of the photos here are of myself, and I overlooked the potential confusion. The avatar's Monika Jagaciak and the helm'd Olympian is Hilary Knight. Knight's grill indeed looks a bit big, but maybe she chose that size for the sight-lines or something?

Everyone making remarks about fit and what not, I think we all had that thought run through our head when we clicked on the post. But just take the post for what its worth lol. Strictly looks, I think the Re Akt 100 or bauer 4500 with a white ccm fm 580 is the best looking. Also, CCM vector helmets always looked really nice to me. I didn't fit CCM helmets so I never wore them but I can still be objective and say its aesthetically pleasing.

All kidding aside... neither of the photos here are of myself, and I overlooked the potential confusion. The avatar's Monika Jagaciak and the helm'd Olympian is Hilary Knight. Knight's grill indeed looks a bit big, but maybe she chose that size for the sight-lines or something?

Lol, well that's sort of what I was getting at. I was assuming you (Hilary Knight), maybe chose that cage because it offered better sight lines as opposed to a "proper" fitting cage. I guess we'll never know.

Most NCCA Kids go oversize too. I think its' a combo on not having to undo the straps to get the helmet off and sight lines.

currently switching between a black CCM Tacks 710 with a CCM FM480 chrome, a black Bauer 4500 with an oreo Profile II, and a black Bauer ReAkt with a CCM FM480 chrome.

On 8/15/2015 at 8:48 PM, SirJW said:

Most NCCA Kids go oversize too. I think its' a combo on not having to undo the straps to get the helmet off and sight lines.

I've heard of people with dual scene focus issues (where their eyes keep on focusing back and forth) try for a cage that's a bit further away from their eyes.

• Like 1

I've got a kinda long face, while using a M helmet I have to either use a L cage or drill additional holes in the J-clips to lower them so the cup sits on the chin but still contacts the clips.

Currently rocking 5100 M with Re-Akt L and 5100 M with Profile III L.

9 hours ago, Giltis said:

I've heard of people with dual scene focus issues (where their eyes keep on focusing back and forth) try for a cage that's a bit further away from their eyes.

I use thicker washers to push the cage further away too. It helps a ton.