Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Does anyone here use a Bauer P14?

I'm thinking of a full blown curve conversion. Currently in a P88 but I've noticed less power on snap shots, wrist shots etc. I take them all equally and want more zip but don't want to lose control or get sailing shots. Some say the curve is very small but is it really even noticeable? The web site says it's the "ultimate shooters pattern" but I don't really know what they mean by that. I've considered the kreps or p28 but I don't think it will work because my mechanics don't have my shooting with my hands in front like the Easton videos say you should. I merely shoot from toe/mid blade.

Darn it, thought this was a for sale thread. Haha.

Same as Warrior W14, neither is super common. Mid toe curve, slightly open. Im not a great shooter, (my fault, not the sticks), so I'm not a good person to recommend this stick or not. :)

I went from a p92 to a p14 and now I use the e28 curve. (Will pick up a p28 1n when it's released). Shooting with it was great, but the blade was too small for me. I had no issues with losing control or sailing shots. Also have no problems going between the p14 and e28, I just prefer the larger blade on the e28.

That's what I'm worried about is that the blade is going to be too small. I'm most likely switching to the 1N anyway. Does the P28 work for you even if you're not a full blown hands in front shooter? If I take wrist shots I start at the heel, snap shots are toe/mid blade and slapshots are obviously mid blade

That's what I'm worried about is that the blade is going to be too small. I'm most likely switching to the 1N anyway. Does the P28 work for you even if you're not a full blown hands in front shooter? If I take wrist shots I start at the heel, snap shots are toe/mid blade and slapshots are obviously mid blade

This is kind of a loaded question. I will say that if your shot mechanics are solid, you can shoot with any blade including the P28. I also find that the puck quickly settles into the pocket of the e28 during wrist shots even if you start close to the heel. It's a good thing though, because it helps me to feel the stick and blade load up. I've got a game tonight, so I'll take a few heel-wrist shots and report back if anything weird happens. :cool:

I took about 50 shots today with a Warrior HD1 85 flex W28 and all I can say is wow. I could pick corners with wrist shots and the way the stick loaded with this curve was great

I know Zetterberg's actual curve is no where near the W28, but I found one of these beauties a couple months ago /http://www.prostockhockey.com/sticks/player/left-henrik-zetterberg-dynasty-hd1-85-flex-stick/

Seems impossible to find an HD1 pro stock in a right hand curve 85 flex

I liked the stick but I'd never buy an HD1, I don't think it shines above other options in performance and it's possibly the least durable stick on the market now.

What about the construction of the stick makes it the least durable? I'm currently using CCM sticks, but I've used just about every warrior out there and never had a problem with breakage.

I have and everyone else I know has. So far toe chips are abnormally large, blades are getting soft super fast or full blown breakage with moderate use. Simply labeled as junk thus far.

I took about 50 shots today with a Warrior HD1 85 flex W28 and all I can say is wow. I could pick corners with wrist shots and the way the stick loaded with this curve was great

Sweet, I'll have to check a P28/W28 stick out.

Get the curve that fits your playing style, lie needs and shot mechanics. This may or may not fit the bill

I should have been more clear in my first post--I'm already using P14. I like it...but I'm not a great shot or a good person to recommend it to people who are better shots than I am.

My spare sticks are older and have Nash curves; I like the P14 as it's just slightly deeper and slightly more open.

I like that it makes it fairly simple for me to consistently lift the puck. Still working on accuracy with it, but have no issues that make me want anything significantly different.

I do have to catch backhand passes on the heel, pucks will roll right off the toe. Catch a pass anywhere you want on the forehand.

I'm actually the opposite. Went from a P14 which I thought was too extreme, to a PM9 and now P88. Shots sailed really high with the P14. To me the P88 is perfect, not as short as the P14 and not as long as the PM9.

I will say my shots were extremely hard with the P14. The control is just OK imo

I used a P14 for a while and generally liked the curve, but couldn't get used to the shorter blade. Ended up going back to my trusty E28/P92 patterns full time after.

I switched from the p92 to the P14 for a while, but the shortness of the blade bothered me, and I also had less luck with saucer passes. I could do them but it took allt more concentration than with the p92. I ended up switching back a week or two of use.

i used the P14 for about a year, now back on the P88 for awhile and am noticing the same thing, less zip on my shots. Going to buy a 1X and a 1N in P14 as soon as my other sticks break.

The first few times using the curve you will find that your shot rises more than you'd like, but it goes away once you get used to it.

My shots are not bad, they're still strong and maintain similar velocity with a P88 but I've noticed that it's less forgiving, like a sweet spot needs to be hit to really get all of it where the shots I took with the HD1 W28 were hard and accurate, mind you these were wrist shots. I took snap shots with it and it's a little strange but I picked up a brand new leftover Easton V9 E28 85 flex from a LHS so I'll see how the curve works out in actual game play which is much different than pressure less stand still shooting.

I used a p14 for about 6 months then went to a w28 for about 8 months because I loved the curve of the p14 for shooting but my hands weren't developed enough to use such a short blade with a pointy toe. Then because I wanted to keep my shots down more and just have a better all-around curve I used a p88 for about 6 months and then just recently got another p14 and with my hands being much more developed and being a better overall player than I was about a year to a year and a half ago, I might never use anything other than a p14. I really can't point out any negative about the curve anymore. My previous problems were blade length and the pointy toe(harder to do toe drags or grab it with the toe) and now it's not even an issue. So personally if you just work on that aspect of the game(hands and hand-eye), the p14 is a phenomenal curve and really has no downside.....lets see if I think this in another 6 months ahahah

I used the V9 E28 tonight for the first time. I noticed that I suffered no issue with overall play. Passes whether catching or sending, stick handling etc were all great. My shots were erratic as all hell. Some I got ahold of, others sailed or I caught the toe and it just blaaa. I've heard you need to give this some time and once you do it'll be worth it but thus far it's tempting to get back into a P92 haha

I tried a cheapo One20 P28 last night in my back yard. I felt a lot more accuracy, but less power than my favorite T1 P14....but the One20 P28 was also a lot softer (and heavier) stick.

I will get on the ice in two weeks. Woo hoo!