Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MochiTomi

Reebok 20k or CCM Tacks 6052 EP

In my quest for elbow pads that fit me best I've narrowed it down to Reebok/CCM. So as the title puts it, do you think I would be better off in Reebok 20k's or CCM Tacks 6052s? I just got 20k Pros but I know the 6052 introduce d30 foams in the cap, is that worth it? They're the same price so that isn't a factor. I've spent a lot on elbow pads recently trying to find the right pair (my local pro shop doesn't carry much adult stuff). I'll be switching from Easton HSX pads, which fit nice at first but the straps have given out and they slide like crazy now. Thanks for any insight/help you can provide.

*Thanks to Cosmic for pointing out the 20K recall to me.*

Update: Decided to keep the 20K's and I'm glad I did. Used them for the first time last night and they were great, no slipping, and I even forgot I was wearing elbow pads. I was concerned about mobility coming from a 3-piece pad but it wasn't an issue.

I thought that the Reebok 20K Pro elbows without plastic inserts were recalled due to lack of protection and replaced with the plastic insert in the elbow cap version.

I thought that the Reebok 20K Pro elbows without plastic inserts were recalled due to lack of protection and replaced with the plastic insert in the elbow cap version.

Thanks for the heads up! I googled the recall and found a post on here about it; odd that it doesn't come up using the forum search though.

Thanks for the heads up! I googled the recall and found a post on here about it; odd that it doesn't come up using the forum search though.

I read about it here; so it has to be buried somewhere.