Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwhockey17

Bauer TotalOne NXG

Hey all,

My Warrior Dynasty AX1 seems to have died out, and as such I went out to go grab a new stick. I was heavily considering the Easton V7 and the Bauer Vapor X90, both of which were $99. I saw an NXG for sale at $150, and seeing as I had a $20 off a purchase of $100 coupon, I figured why not.. I have a few questions about the NXG, which weren't answered in other threads I found on here.

Specs on my Warrior are 85 flex, Kopitar curve. On my NXG, it's 87 flex Kane.

• For $129, I don't really see how I could go wrong.. but were the other two sticks a better bang for your buck in your guys opinion?
  • How is the durability on this thing? I've seen mixed reviews, some people say that it is one of the most durable sticks they've ever used, and others say it breaks within a couple of uses (though those are probably just lemons).
  • I'm a forward, and I do like taking more wristers and snappers than I do slapshots. However, I've mainly used mid-kick sticks my whole life, so do you guys think the transition from my AX1 to the NXG will be easy?

Thanks in advance!

1. No, this deal is the best of the 3.

2. I find that different people will break a stick down quicker just from habits their own personal habits or abilities. I know a kid who has the softest/smoothest hands and has had 2 nxgs in 3 years. Uses no tape on the blade(roller) and not a chip to be found on the one hes been using for 6 months. Me personally I tape the whole blade and my toe will always fray after a month. Now there are some sticks that are notoriously more fragile than others but the NXG is not one. With that said, it depends on how you play/take care of the stick but you shouldn't be worried with durability.
3. AX1 is warriors equivalent to an NXG so if you liked that then you'll be fine. I know flex points are most certainly not a placebo but this whole notion of mid kick sticks being for D men and low kick sticks being for forwards to me is just annoying. I've seen forwards with NXGs, Nexus', tacks, dynastys, etc. that snipe daily. To me, flex point is another one of those "personal preference things".

Yeah, I completely agree with your last point. I've always had a midkick stick other than an S19 and 75S I had, and to me the midkick is a lot more comfortable. Thanks for your input!

1. Agreed, you made the right call

2. Mine only has cosmetic blemishes after being well used. I'm actually really pleased with the durability of it. Mine is super flex-y (77 flex extended by 4 inches to get it to about a 60 flex) and I haven't snapped it.

3. I don't think you will have a transition issue with the kickpoint, but you did select a different curve and that may take a slight transition time. The warrior Kopitar is equivalent to the P92 Backstrom, but the P88 Kane is pretty close.

i bought an NXG on sale and i have absolutely been in love with it. the performance has been excellent and i love the feel of it. i;; admit i am a huge fan of the bauer supreme line but the NXG was fantastic. the durability has been great, taken a lot of shots and slashes and still is holding up great. i also take a lot of snap shots and i found it was a stick i could really get a lot of power from in my shots

hope that helps

I'm debating returning the stick.. I can't really justify spending that much on a stick now that I'm only playing men's league, and I was looking at picking up one of the following:

• Easton V7 ($99 with a $20 off coupon = $79 + tax)
  • Bauer X90 ($99 with a $20 off coupon = $79 + tax)
  • Sherwood Nexon 12 ($79 with a $10 off coupon = $69 + tax)
  • CCM RBZ Stage 2 ($139 with a $20 off coupon = $119 + tax)
  • Easton V9 ($139 with a $20 off coupon = $119 + tax)
  • Reebok Ribcore ($139 with a $20 off coupon = $119 + tax)
  • Easton 75S ($69 with a $10 off coupon = $59 + tax)

Any thoughts? Personally I do like how the TotalOne NXG feels, and I do know that it was a killer deal, but is it worth the extra money over those sticks?

I'm debating returning the stick.. I can't really justify spending that much on a stick now that I'm only playing men's league, and I was looking at picking up one of the following:

• Easton V7 ($99 with a $20 off coupon = $79 + tax)
  • Bauer X90 ($99 with a $20 off coupon = $79 + tax)
  • Sherwood Nexon 12 ($79 with a $10 off coupon = $69 + tax)
  • CCM RBZ Stage 2 ($139 with a $20 off coupon = $119 + tax)
  • Easton V9 ($139 with a $20 off coupon = $119 + tax)

Any thoughts? Personally I do like how the TotalOne NXG feels, and I do know that it was a killer deal, but is it worth the extra money over those sticks?

Keep the NXG if those are the sticks you're thinking of (I bought 2 of them myself, same sale w/ coupon). All of those are low kicks save for the RBZ Stage 2 and that's a love it/hate it kind of stick.

I don't necessarily have a problem with using a low kick stick though, I've had an s19 and 75s in the past.. I'll just relearn how to use one! I'm more looking for bang for my buck at this point.

Out of the sticks you listed, I think the Nexon 12 for $69 + tax will be the best bang for your buck. It was the top of the line Sherwood low-kick model a few years ago.