Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

starrzkyy

LightspeedEdge Holder issues

Hey guys. I used to own Bauer X5.0 skates until I grew out of them. And before that I had Bauer X7.0 LEs. Those skates were some of the best I've ever owned and they were comfy. Around 3 months ago I got Bauer X100 LEs on clearence. I have problems though, right in the middle of the bottom of the skate I have this horrible pain, right around my arch. Also, the new holder is so high up I can barely turn. What should I do?

you can switch holders lightspeed 2 from your x7.0 LEs or x5.0.

switching holders costs much. but if these holders are same sizes, you dont have to buy new holders.

but i think eventually you can get used to. you dont have to hurry up.

and replacing insoles can solve your arch pain problem easily. there are much products. i recommend you try some of these.

if they wont solve your arch pain, just use a heat gun to your pressure and problem area and push the area from inside of skate about 20 sec i did it when i had same problem.

Before changing anything, try not tightening the laces as tight in that area.

The taller holder should help turning, not hurt it. You might just need time to adjust to it.

Just to be certain, while the x7.0 did certainly benefit from baking, it didn't _require_ it as you could break them in within a reasonable timeframe. But the x100 (which is basically an APX) is stiffer and features curve composite (rather than tech-mesh), which has to be baked in order to fit right. Did you bake the skates? If you already did, you could try re-heating just that area or having your LHS punch out the area.

Background - I recently purchased X100 and had x6.0 prior.

Regarding foot pain - as already mentioned, first, bake skates if you haven't and re-evaluate. If this doesn't work, you may want to try Superfeet yellow or another insole. The grippy bauer stock insoles cause me foot pain too, about midway up my foot where the grippy part tapers away, and I have found that the Superfeet alleviate this pain.

Regarding the holder - as mentioned, give it a little time, you should adjust to the height. Also, you may want to experiment with different lacing patterns, skip eyelets, as the x100 has a very think tongue, and is very stiff compared to your previous skates - I found it restricted my forward flex a lot and this had an impact on my skating - here is a link to an article about forward flex - https://jackhasspoken.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/how-to-optimize-your-hockey-skates/- its a little long but has some examples of what a lot of hockey players do to improve forward flex.

KB