Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm just starting to play hockey and I need help getting gear. When I was trying on skates the other day I tried on a pair and it was very tight width-wise so I tried on the ee width and it was looser in the toe area but it still was tight and painful on my Achilles tendon. My question is, are skate supposed to feel that way until you break them in or is it a problem, because the person at the shop didn't know about hockey skates, only figure skating.

My recommendation is to go to an actual hockey shop and get fitted for skates by someone who knows about hockey skates. Your skates are arguably one of the most important parts of your gear and one that will make you want to give up hockey all together if they don't fit right and hurt your feet.

Within the different hockey skate makers, they have specific brands that are designed to fit certain types of feet. Skates shouldn't hurt your feet before being baked or broken in, and having someone who knows what they're doing help you pick the right model of skate will ensure you get the one that doesn't just not hurt your feet, but maybe feel like you're feet can fly.

i dont know which skates you wear. but if you wear cheapest model , i can tell you that cheapest model can not be fitted well so quickly and and less padding than expensive model.

Yeah absolutely do not settle for improper fitting skates.

I bought skates too big for me and with completely different specs twice. I now have Haglunds on the back of my right heel which hurts sometimes when I even walk. I had to get custom skates (over $700) to deal with the problem. They are coming Wednesday so I don't know yet if it will even help.

Skates are your most important equipment by far. Any kind of pinching or rubbing on your Achilles is a huge no. Buy for fit, you can change pitch later.

Have yourself professionally fitted by a knowledgeable hockey shop (Total Hockey or ice house) employee.

i dont know which skates you wear. but if you wear cheapest model , i can tell you that cheapest model can not be fitted well so quickly and and less padding than expensive model.

I got Bauer Supreme One.5, I got them in a size 5.5 ee.

i suggest you try reebok skates...

tendon guards are more flexible than other skates. more padding, more support. will lasts longer than your one.5.( if you dont buy cheapest model of reebok skates)

and relatively wider. skate lock system is nice for beginners. more padding. all reebok skates are on clearance. they arent expensive.

you can buy skates at online store. because you already know your sizing and perfect fitting is not necessary for beginner skaters.

all you need is to have a pair of skates which will not kill your feet.

My recommendation is to go to an actual hockey shop and get fitted for skates by someone who knows about hockey skates. Your skates are arguably one of the most important parts of your gear and one that will make you want to give up hockey all together if they don't fit right and hurt your feet.

Actually, your skates are "arguably" the most important piece of gear (I'd just say skates are the most important, peiod), and undoubtedly one of the most important pieces.

you can buy skates at online store. because you already know your sizing and perfect fitting is not necessary for beginner skaters.

all you need is to have a pair of skates which will not kill your feet.

This is HORRIBLE advice.

Single most important thing. Skates that fit. Second most important thing. Helmet that fits.

Agreed with this. By far the two most important things.

This is HORRIBLE advice.

Agreed with this. By far the two most important things.

so give him THE BEST advice insted of my HORRIBLE advice.

even if you agreed with someone it wont solve his problem.

A few of us already gave him the best advice. Suggesting skate fit doesn't matter is not only irresponsible it's just plain wrong.

A few of us already gave him the best advice. Suggesting skate fit doesn't matter is not only irresponsible it's just plain wrong.

oh yeah, thats right, i cant guarantee fit of skates :/

sorry. :( but i still think he should try to look for other skates.