Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChitownPuck91

NCAA D1 Players receiving monetary compensation

I wouldn't be surprised if PSU football was the reason they're hockey team finally kicked off.

Terry Pagula (owner of the Sabres) donated money to build the rink and fund the startup of the team. There was also a push from the Big 10 to grow their hockey footprint as well.

Outside of Mich and Minn it's kind of irrelevant isn't it?

No idea, I don't pay any attention to college hockey, though I have driven up to see a game at Penn State. From Wiki:

"Following the announcement by Penn State, the Big Ten Conference announced that the conference planned to begin sponsoring men's ice hockey in the 2013-14 season combining Penn State with Michigan State University,University of Michigan, and Ohio State University from the CCHA as well as the University of Minnesota and the University of Wisconsin from the WCHA to form the six-member Big Ten Hockey Conference"

There's no way I would have time for hockey, get good grades, AND a part time job. I wouldn't be able to afford college or the time for anything. A full scholarship is worth so much more.