Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrrSmith

Skate Holder Height Measurements

Thought I would share some skate holder height measurements from some of my sons skates over the years for anyone wondering about holder pitch etc.

Heel Toe

SR Easton CXN: 2 7/8" 2 1/8" = 6/8" pitch

SR Lightspeed Edge: 2 6/8" 2 1/8" = 5/8" pitch

SR Eblade Pro: 2 5/8" 2" = 5/8" pitch

JR Easton CXN: 2 5/8" 1 7/8" = 6/8" pitch

JR Speedblade +4 2 4/8" 1 7/8" = 5/8" pitch

JR Lightspeed 2 2 3/8" 1 7/8" = 4/8" pitch

JR Razor Bladz II 2 2/8" 1 6/8" = 4/8" pitch

Yth Lightspeed Pro 2" 1 3/8" = 5/8" pitch

Yth Graf 2 2/8" 1 5/8" = 5/8" pitch

That's all the skates I have kicking around the house that haven't already been traded off or sold. I hope this helps anyone regarding any pitch issues that need corrected.

What skate sizes?

I would be curious to know if all holders in a given line have the same angle of pitch (tower height would change with sizes)

or if they consistently have the same height towers (pitch would flatten out for larger sizes)

What skate sizes?

I would be curious to know if all holders in a given line have the same angle of pitch (tower height would change with sizes)

or if they consistently have the same height towers (pitch would flatten out for larger sizes)

I am thinking that the pitch of each holder brand will be the same regardless of size of holder. The SR sizes were in the 7 size range. The JR CXN and the Speedblade +4 are in the 4-5 size range. The Lightspeed 2 was a size 1 and was a 4 year old holder. I guess if anyone has larger SR sizes in some of these holders, they could measure them and confirm whether the measurements I have are the same as theirs. I am also curious if the current stock of Lightspeed 2 holders are still a 4/8" pitch difference as well. I believe that the Lightspeed Edge and Speedblade +4 should be the same measurements.

I would expect the angle of the pitch to be the same throughout sizing for a particular holder but the difference between rear and front tower heights would not. Think about it, a 1/2 inch drop over a 6 inch distance would be a much steeper angle than a 1/2 inch drop over an 8 inch distance.

I would expect the angle of the pitch to be the same throughout sizing for a particular holder but the difference between rear and front tower heights would not. Think about it, a 1/2 inch drop over a 6 inch distance would be a much steeper angle than a 1/2 inch drop over an 8 inch distance.

Yes, the bigger the boot size, the holder would increase in height as well with the pitch staying the same.

From another point,

I have an experience that I would not be able to skate well when I changed my skate from CCM to Bauer. I changed CCM's holder to Tuuk LS2 when I bought it. Also I used LS2 holder for new Bauer too.

But I couldn't skate well with Bauer. Then it was solved by using 3mm shim into heel. I had used 272 holder for CCM, 263 for Bauer.

I agree with that almost holders are produced with the same pitch in different sizes when it was designed. But in fact...?

Hockey boots' outsole is curved. Some of current boots have flatter outsole than former models, but it is not completely flat. So we can't say exact pitch when boot and holder would be attached. I think that the real pitch is affected by outside shape of boots bottom.

Although I've wanted such these database for long time. If the real pitch would be affected by boots shape, it's important to be able to know about holder's pitch.

Awesome. Thanks for the chat the other day this will come in very handy!

Thanks for the input on VH skates. We have a fitting scheduled for Friday. I had most of those holder measurements on sticky notes on a sheet of paper buried under practice plans and thought that it would be better to post them on this site for others to reference if they wanted to.