Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrrSmith

CCM Ultra Tacks stick vs Bauer Nexus 1N stick

Haven't used ultra tacks but I bought an original tacks and it was garbage. Sold it to a team mate and it broke within a few games.

I just picked up the 1n today played two games scored 4 goals and loved the release/ and wow compared to my mx3 I shot harder and I love the mx3. Release on wristers and snaps was really easy and when I leaned into a couple clappers I was impressed with the power

1n is a winner in my book already.

Haven't used ultra tacks but I bought an original tacks and it was garbage. Sold it to a team mate and it broke within a few games.

I just picked up the 1n today played two games scored 4 goals and loved the release/ and wow compared to my mx3 I shot harder and I love the mx3. Release on wristers and snaps was really easy and when I leaned into a couple clappers I was impressed with the power

1n is a winner in my book already.

How does the puck feel on the blade as far as stick handling etc?

You're comparing sticks with different flex profiles, so there's naturally going to be a difference between the two. The Nexus flex profile is more like the RBZ line and the Tacks line is more similar to Supremes, I believe.

I've never been one of the guys that seems to understand "puck feel" so wish I could comment more. I'm not much of a dangler stick handler more of a get puck shoot right away guy so never really notice.

Between mx3 and 1n I noticed no difference

You're comparing sticks with different flex profiles, so there's naturally going to be a difference between the two. The Nexus flex profile is more like the RBZ line and the Tacks line is more similar to Supremes, I believe.

Speedburner is similar to the MX3.

Negatory. SpeedBurner is a constant flex profile. MX3 is a really high mid-kick. The Nexus is a smooth mid kick, not nearly as high or aggressive as the MX3. The Ultra Tacks plays similar to Nexus but I'm not sure on how it was specifically engineered. Ultra Tacks has been my personal favorite twig of 2015 in terms of durability and playability. Sadly, I haven't had the chance to use the 1N yet.

From feeling the 1N at work I was pretty disappointed with the initial impression of a stick that has a $319.99 CDN price tag.

Everyone of course has different styles and sticks they like. I found the tacks played like a pool noodle at 100 flex.

It didn't kick at all and felt weird compared to a total one.

Now that I have a 1n it is whippier then a total one but still kicks really hard.