Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Ribcor Reckoner

I used mine for first time this morning. The new ascent blade has a nice feel to it. I had the original ribcore and hated the pingy blade. New blade has nice puck feel with crisp passes. Good balance as well and shots came off the blade quick. Pleasantly surprised by it.

is the duchene curve gone (the easton zetterberg equivalent) ? p42 or p14 depending on which blade chart you are looking at

Nope they're bringing it back on this stick! Thank god right? Love this curve.

I used the 40k at a CCM demo......UltraTacks and Speedburner felt more balanced.......but the 50k, in my hands, feels more balanced.....lighter in the blade.

To me, the 40K felt blade-heavy. I want to give the Reckoner a test drive.......

Used mine for the first time today. Shots came off very nicely, puck feel was excellent, and it is super light and well balanced. There wasn't one area that the stick didn't perform well in. Time will tell with durability, but initial impressions are outstanding.

Had a great time with the Reckoner so far - unfortunately the top of the blade startet to break :-(

Think maybe 1-2 times would be possible to play, then it's finished. This should actually be part of warranty I hope.

Bought two reckoners RH 85 flex P29. Was hoping for the P46 but they were sold out - will have to adjust to another curve. P29 seems similar to a bauer richards curve, no - p106? Or is it closer to a p14? The sticks feel great, blade has great feel.

Had a great time with the Reckoner so far - unfortunately the top of the blade startet to break :-(

Think maybe 1-2 times would be possible to play, then it's finished. This should actually be part of warranty I hope.

It's a great stick but mine also broke during the warranty period but I don't think it was the sticks fault. A player fell on it during a face off and hurt my wrist too.

I also experience chipping on the blade at the top and the toe even on my warranty replacement. I also hope I get some mileage on the stick because I do like this stick and prefer it over the Bauer 1X. I will give the nod to the 1x for durability over the reckoner.

I used it for about 2 hours today for the first time and the last stick that I used was the Reebok Ribcor last week. The blade is noticeably softer, the Reebok blade felt so stiff and while this still feels good I'm going to have to get used to it. You would think with a low kick stick my slapshots would suffer but I'm shooting as hard as I have with any stick in that category, I also think wrist shots have improved with this one over the other. It still has hot snap shots but I think the Reebok had more "pop" to it, I haven't used this in a real game yet though. So far it's fantastic but I will still be giving my warranty replacement 1N a chance to regain the starting job once Bauer actually gets the damn thing to me. I can't comment on durability yet but let's hope it's good because how hard I am on sticks I can't let a fragile stick slide.

I used it for about 2 hours today for the first time and the last stick that I used was the Reebok Ribcor last week. The blade is noticeably softer, the Reebok blade felt so stiff and while this still feels good I'm going to have to get used to it. You would think with a low kick stick my slapshots would suffer but I'm shooting as hard as I have with any stick in that category, I also think wrist shots have improved with this one over the other. It still has hot snap shots but I think the Reebok had more "pop" to it, I haven't used this in a real game yet though. So far it's fantastic but I will still be giving my warranty replacement 1N a chance to regain the starting job once Bauer actually gets the damn thing to me. I can't comment on durability yet but let's hope it's good because how hard I am on sticks I can't let a fragile stick slide.

I almost never break sticks usually I'm getting a new one because the stick blade went soft. The reckoner is the only stick i broke during a game. I was on stick on stick contact basically a stick check broke right in the hosel area, funny thing right after it brakes my team mate hands me his stick from the bench I join the rush and score with my team mates stick which was about 5 inches shorter than mine. I joked with him that i should play the rest of the game with his stick. I really like the reckoner stick i think durability is the only issue.

Congrats and glad you like your new purchase. Something tells me that you will be going back to your 1N though because IMO, I feel that's where the Reckoner lacks in durability of the blade. I think the 1N is far more durable but I prefer the reckoner.

I actually only have a Reckoner because I bought a Reebok Ribcor and it broke. I only bought the Ribcor because my custom 1N blade cracked at the heel in two games. I loved my 1N enough to go custom and I have a fresh one on the way as a warranty replacement. The Reckoner was dumb luck that I ended up with it. If the blades are already building a reputation for not lasting I'll probably end up with my 1N as the starter which is fine with me I haven't used one in a while let alone back to back and I might like it more anyway.

I have had about 10 ice times with my reckoners (alternate between the 2 between practices and games) and I have had no complaints. The pop and release is either getting better or peaking, but I am in love with the release - similar to Covert's in terms of release. Accuracy isn't as good as my Covert's were, but the durability is tremendous compared to previous low kick warriors.

My sticks take a lot of abuse as a D man, and thus far I am happy with the ability to get into puck battles and be able to lay the lumber and not worry about my stick breaking. The feel is OK, but I'm more of a plug than anything so don't take my word on the finesse aspects. Still makes crisp passes after 45 days or so. Hoping they last much longer.

Definitely worth the BOGO money I spent on them over the holidays.

Sorry lazy post here, but can anybody tell me what the Lie of the P46 and P29 are? I'm looking for something that's equiv. to the Warrior W28/ Easton P28.

Any more feedback on the reckoner

I'm still loving mine. Only complaint is the grip/graphics are peeling off, but I usually candy cane my sticks so it isn't bugging me much. Blade durability has been solid so far, no chips or gouges to speak of. The shaft still has all of its pop, haven't noticed any dip in performance thus far. Quite impressed.

On 9/18/2015 at 6:33 AM, mjpisat said:

Any word of they may add a e28 curve? Been using it for a while. That's the one thing about ccm. Don't like their curves

They did add the p28 - McDavid and the p14 - Duchene on the Super Tacks

On 9/16/2015 at 5:33 PM, Chadd said:

Given the way SWD was sued for use of "Nexon" by Bauer, and the subsequent name change to "Rekker". I can't imagine that they would be happy with the "Reckoner" coming to market.

I didn't know that was the reason for the name change. Poor SWD.

On 9/18/2015 at 8:07 AM, Haggerty said:

They could just bring back the O-Stick :laugh:

My LHS has plenty of them on sale:wink::cool: