Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enis750

Easton V9E vs CX ST - 75 or 85 flex too ... ?

hey guys

hoping you can help me out here

used the ol search function as best I could and google, but hoping for some more real life comparisons

reason I'm comparing these two is price point

the V9E's are on sale now for $139 - 10% = $126 CDN and I can get the CX ST for $159 - 25% = $119

I tested both inside in the speed shot bay, not on ice

im leaning towards the E28 curve, as I'm a forward and literally never take a slapper in a game situation - all wristers and snaps

ill be honest, I HATE the orange black over the nice white/grey/gold of the CX ST

lastly, anyone go down from 85 to 75 w success?

I have played an 85 for the past 5 years and got along fine w them

Im 35, 6'2" and 200#'s, but in great shape IMO

when i tested the 75 i felt like Phil Kessel !! LOL! just seemed to rocket off the blade

or will i end up leaning into one and snapping it in half?

current twigs are CCM RBZ 130 85 Hossa and CCM Ribcore 30 85 Perron

Enis, I was just trying the Easton CX ST 85 flex E28 pattern last Friday inside the shooting range and it seemed fine for me. It shot well and the flex was fine too. So I was thinking 85 flex would be good enough for me as it flexed nice, but then I decided to try another pattern and it seemed really stiff. I think it was because the first stick the E28 pattern was used a few times in the shooting range so it wasn't as stiff. I wanted to try a 75 flex but they didn't have one in the E28 curve and ST. So I will wait to see how it shoots and flexes before buying one. I also tried the Bauer Nexus 1N P28 87 flex and it was good too. But I would like to try a 77 flex first in the P28. I like a really whippy stick for taking slap shots.

I used an Easton Mako 2 85 flex E28 pattern last season. Found the 75 flex too whippy for this stick. But I never go any higher than 85 flex. I have no problem using the 75 flex too, just depends how it feels in the stick. If I get the Easton CX ST it will be in 75 flex and if I go with the Bauer 1N I will get the 77 flex in that.

I'm 6' and over 200 lbs. I'm not normally hard on sticks if this helps you.

Enis, I was just trying the Easton CX ST 85 flex E28 pattern last Friday inside the shooting range and it seemed fine for me. It shot well and the flex was fine too. So I was thinking 85 flex would be good enough for me as it flexed nice, but then I decided to try another pattern and it seemed really stiff. I think it was because the first stick the E28 pattern was used a few times in the shooting range so it wasn't as stiff. I wanted to try a 75 flex but they didn't have one in the E28 curve and ST. So I will wait to see how it shoots and flexes before buying one. I also tried the Bauer Nexus 1N P28 87 flex and it was good too. But I would like to try a 77 flex first in the P28. I like a really whippy stick for taking slap shots.

I used an Easton Mako 2 85 flex E28 pattern last season. Found the 75 flex too whippy for this stick. But I never go any higher than 85 flex. I have no problem using the 75 flex too, just depends how it feels in the stick. If I get the Easton CX ST it will be in 75 flex and if I go with the Bauer 1N I will get the 77 flex in that.

I'm 6' and over 200 lbs. I'm not normally hard on sticks if this helps you.

I tried the CX ST in the 75 and the V9E in the 85 - just based on what patterns were available

do you think there would be a difference in flex between the two?

As in if i tried the two sticks w equal flex's

I mean I know were comparing a $300 and a $160 stick......

With the lighter flex, you don't have to put everything into a shot to get the stick to flex. As long as you don't do that, you should be fine.

I bought the Easton V9 when it first came out and I didn't like the 75 flex. I thought it was too stiff for me actually. I luved the Mako 2 85 flex like I said. But if I were you I would get both of them since you said the V9E is on sale. I like lots of flex as I like to take slap shots when I get the chance, but you said you never do so maybe you don't need a lower flex like the 75. Try to find a CX ST in a 75 flex to see if you like it first. I think the ST should be a bit more durable though.

I would luv to get the Warrior QR Pro in W71 pattern and 75 flex as I just luv that pattern as well. I have tried the QR Pro in another pattern in the store and really liked it.

With the lighter flex, you don't have to put everything into a shot to get the stick to flex. As long as you don't do that, you should be fine.

I bought the Easton V9 when it first came out and I didn't like the 75 flex. I thought it was too stiff for me actually. I luved the Mako 2 85 flex like I said. But if I were you I would get both of them since you said the V9E is on sale. I like lots of flex as I like to take slap shots when I get the chance, but you said you never do so maybe you don't need a lower flex like the 75. Try to find a CX ST in a 75 flex to see if you like it first. I think the ST should be a bit more durable though.

I would luv to get the Warrior QR Pro in W71 pattern and 75 flex as I just luv that pattern as well. I have tried the QR Pro in another pattern in the store and really liked it.

thx for the help guys

Think ill lean towards trying out the 75 flex for sh*tts and giggs

really wanna try out the Easton E28 curve, has a cool toe hook that really gets the puck up quick from short distances

figure it would be good for stick handling and toe drags

Enis, so what stick did u decide to go with, CX ST or V9E? I really like the E28 pattern as it's great for stick handling. I need to learn to shoot off the toe as I'm old school and shoot from the heel. Have you checked out the W71 pattern from Warrior?

Enis, so what stick did u decide to go with, CX ST or V9E? I really like the E28 pattern as it's great for stick handling. I need to learn to shoot off the toe as I'm old school and shoot from the heel. Have you checked out the W71 pattern from Warrior?

funny story ......

I went back today to have a peek again and as dumb as it sounds, I didn't LOVE the V9E in the 85 flex and they didn't have a 75 flex in that model

the CX ST they had a 75, but no E28 pattern, only in the V9E, but wrong flex

I couldn't find the right flex and pattern I wanted (typical)

so I actually decided on a Sherwood T90 2nd gen. , Stasny curve, 75 flex

I used a T90 last year and loved it, but it busted on me (caught it in the boards funny)

I was more concerned with trying a new flex, than a new curve really - although this is a bit different than the curves I'm using now

I have only tried the Zetterberg pattern on a Warrior stick

but it was a QR3 not a QR1or Pro

honestly didn't love it

get this tho, this is the best part......

two days ago I bought a new Easton E700 helmet on clearance for $107, down from $179

walked in today to get a stick and they fricken have the E700's in the clearance bin for $30!!!!!

had my receipt, so they price matched it to $27 (as it was yet another 10% off that)

also 25% off the stick which retailed at $139

Retail for both was $320, but I got em both for $131.....not to shabby, hey!?