Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chuffy

Nexus 8000

Not found a lot if reviews of these skates on the net. Any users on here have them?

Been using mako Is preseason but switching back to my old vapors in the mean time as I prefer the traditional fit

With the vapors I find the toe box is a bit small for me. Been thinking about spending some money & having my LHS get a pair of 8000s in for me

Any feedback?

Mako D wasn't wide enough & I've got a vapor EE

LHS can get the nexus in. If I like the fit I'll prob get them. Just not read a lot about the nexus boot

They are definitely a different fit depending on what you are coming from. I am a EE in the Supreme and tried these out wanting a pair.

I tried on the D width and couldn't get any heel lock in them and was shocked how wide and sloppy the felt. Length was fine. Not sure how much difference backing would make in that department

I'm in a 8000 now, they are much deeper and wider than a standard Supreme, that includes the heel.

Great skate though, definitely worth consideration.

Can anyone say how the Nexus 8000 compares to the Nexus 1000 in the forefoot? I tried the 1000 and found that although the boot was deep, the forefoot seemed to squeeze the ball of my foot when I tightened them up. The only way I could skate in the 1000's was to leave the first 3 to 4 eyelets very loose. This was at a time when I was using Supremes that felt great in the forefoot but lacked a little bit of depth.

Whats up with the Nexus 8000 Skate, i wanted to try it in several LHS and everybody told me the same. They have no 8.5 D in stock and they cannot order it because Bauer Europe do not have it in stock and they are not willing to produce any in the next time????? Maybe next season, hello the season just began??

Is a new line coming?? Do they have not enough sales quantitiy??

Any Infos on that??

In that case does anyone know if that 3D contoured fit was carried over to the 7000 as well?

It was not. Straight wall, same as the 1000.

Whats up with the Nexus 8000 Skate, i wanted to try it in several LHS and everybody told me the same. They have no 8.5 D in stock and they cannot order it because Bauer Europe do not have it in stock and they are not willing to produce any in the next time????? Maybe next season, hello the season just began??

Is a new line coming?? Do they have not enough sales quantitiy??

Any Infos on that??

New line coming. The Nexus 1N will be the flagship.

Laserrobottime, thank you for your input. Currently I'm in another pair of Mako 2's. However if those don't work out (durability wise) I may give the Nexus 8000 a shot.