Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kahnadah

Aluminum shaft help

Hi all! New user, I tried a search for the answer to this question bun no soap. I have an Easton aluminum shaft, Gretzky model, that I bought with the caveat that the blade was broken off where it enters the shaft. Well, it does, but they neglected to mention that it's been most hacked out!

The tenon's been drilled out so only about 60% is still inside. There's not enough to get a screw into, and the remains are too far into the stick to grasp with pliers. I'm at a loss as to what to do now... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

Assuming the remains are glued or held in by sidewall pressure. You can get a threaded or non threaded rod from HD or Lowes. Heat the shaft where the debris is. Knock it out with the rod from either side.

Might also have square bar depending on your store. Hardware section.

Go to the hardware store and get a toggle bolt that will fit thru the hole. you may need to buy a longer bolt with matching threads..... slide it past the plug so that the wings open and sit against the back of the hosel. clamp the head of the bolt in a vice and heat the shaft up. Pull really hard.... oh and since it's aluminum you can use a propane torch on the end of the shaft...

Theh still make toggle bolts? I havent used those in over a decade since hilti came out with the zip tie concept replacements. Toggle would work also as it wouls only sxpand tosize of shaft. Depending on how far in the debris is, you can use the threaded rod to push or pull the toggle in the shaft.