Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeffg

Easton HTX STICK

Hi,

I am looking for advice on replacing my Easton HTX. I love the feel of the stick however, both of my sticks have failed me as they broke at the heel. For the price, not a great deal.

I want a more durable stick even if I need to give a little up on feel and weight.

I was contemplating either the Warrior Covert QR1, CCM Ribcore 40K or Sherwood EK60.

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for advice on replacing my Easton HTX. I love the feel of the stick however, both of my sticks have failed me as they broke at the heel. For the price, not a great deal.

I want a more durable stick even if I need to give a little up on feel and weight.

I was contemplating either the Warrior Covert QR1, CCM Ribcore 40K or Sherwood EK60.

Thanks

I haven't personally used the QR1 or the EK60, but I have a 40K that I've had since December. I've used it quite a bit, and it definitely has taken some abuse, but it hasn't failed me. It has lived up to my expectation and then some.

One thing to think about is comparing the HTX to those three sticks isn't necessarily apples to apples in terms of performance. Those three sticks, if I'm not mistaking, are all low kick sticks. The HTX is a mid kick stick. I'm not sure how that may change your perception on what to replace the HTX with, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Regardless, the 40K shoots well, isn't heavy (roughly 425 grams), and has a more classic/square shaft for feel. Since the new Ribcore came out, you can find the 40K on sale too. That may be something to think about as well.

I've used a 40k and it was a very good stick lots of pop and always felt really durable in hand. Passed it on down though because I like my bauer's ever so slightly more. Although if your looking at the qr1 I'd suggest looking at the qr pro. Same stick just 3 inches taller and has some extra reinforcement to it (thicker side walls and better blade durability) very durable stick. We get them for our team every year and they're great with quite the pop.