Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpresidente99

Need help, went from APX to NEXUS

Hello,

I skate now for 3 years in my APX and although it is not the best fit for my feet, i always had proplems. But was the best performing skate on ice for me. I tried several skates in the meantime and always went back.

Now i got the Nexus 8000 because it was the best fitting skate i ever tried, i didn't not even have to bake it. The Apx destroys my feet.

But now the problem is that i went from Vapor 8.5 EE to Nexus 8.5D.

With the Nexus on Ice i feel like i'm not well balanced, standing straight feels like on a rocking chair, i always have to compensate. On fast crossovers i feel like i fall over my toes. Then i noticed on my APX i have a longer holder. WTF why??

Could this be the problem??

The next thing i noticed, with the Nexus i always buckle a litte bit to the inside edge like a complete beginner, it feels like i'm not stable enough to keep it in right position. I never had this problem with my apx.

Maybe due to the better fit and volume my feet can spread out, and i have flat feet like a duck, so that i buckle to the inside. Does a insole can be the solution, or what is the Problem.

If yes which insole, ccm, bauer, Superfeet??

Thanks

and sorry for my english it is not my mother tongue

Bauer .5 size EE width uses the holder from the next whole size up.

8.5D uses a 272mm holder

8.5 EE uses a 280mm holder

Its possible the Nexus boot has less forward lean than the APX

Try a 3-4mm heel lift under your insole. If that works, consider a shim between the boot and heel of your holder.

Bauer .5 size EE width uses the holder from the next whole size up.

8.5D uses a 272mm holder

8.5 EE uses a 280mm holder

Its possible the Nexus boot has less forward lean than the APX

Try a 3-4mm heel lift under your insole. If that works, consider a shim between the boot and heel of your holder.

Be warned, if you add that shim under the innersole you may compromise the overall fit of the heel and ankle area.

I'd start with something like a superfeet innersole, that may be enough. If you feel you need more add the shim between the rear tower of the holder and the boot. Adding the shim to the outside won't change the fit of the boot.

EDIT

You can also try profiling your steel to get you more on your toes, maybe experiment with a longer radius. The 8000's have the edge holders, you could buy some LS2 steel and try all this out without ever having to change another about the boot. Just swap out the steel.

Hello, thanks for the Infos.

But i feel it is the opposite. In my APx i feel i'm more on my heels and on the Nexus i fall over due to to much Forward lean.

Does anybody know how i can determine the radius of my steel. Because my old steel was never profiled and it seemd there is much more steel on the toe on the APx than on the Nexus although the Nexus have a absolute new steel.

I will make a photo when i'm at home.

Maybe just a LS3 or 4 Steel would help with the longer Radius.

Thanks