Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
seanfku

hockeyplayersclub.com

Saw this website and wondered if they were legit? Any experience with them? I'm really tired of using the refrew sold at my local shop and I noticed that they ship sportstape (which I've heard to be pretty good stuff). Any information would be nice. Thanks.

It's just short of 6 bucks for shipping. I reckon if you're going to buy a lot at once, dollartapeclub is probably a better bet but if you're just looking for a few rolls a month, hockey players club might be a better deal. I signed up for it just now to see how it works. I've wanted to try out sportstape because the Renfrew at my local shop is garbage.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the total hockey brand tape at the store. I usually buy the 6 pack for $15 that will last me a while. I was just interested in the dollar tape club because it was under $2 a roll. I did see some deals on ebay for bulk hockey tape at less than $2 a roll. Wonder how some of that stuff is?

No total hockey in Oregon for me. My local shop charges 3 dollars per roll of Renfrew -- Can't stand the strand that comes off the side. 5 rolls of sportstape for 12 out the door seems like a good deal.

I got my take in just two days. Pretty good deal for 12 bucks. Not sure I'll need 6 rolls a month but that can always change. I woukd still like to try Howie's at some point to compare to sportstape.

Proformance Wax has awesome tape (no sure who makes it). That stuff is really, really good. It holds up well and it handles water better than Howies or renfrew and they're pretty decently priced.

10 hours ago, darkhors said:

Proformance Wax has awesome tape (no sure who makes it). That stuff is really, really good. It holds up well and it handles water better than Howies or renfrew and they're pretty decently priced.

I haven't seen Proformance Eax PF Stick Tape tape for sale for a while. Where do you get it? 

7 hours ago, start_today said:

How do sticks with no reviews and that no one has held in their hand, let alone played with “seem nice” and “look like a deal?”

I figured someone might call me out on that. I watched the video of Zac Bell from Always Hockey using one and the Christian Hanson one from their site. Plus, the weights are very light. I like light sticks. There's almost nothing lighter than the X1X other than the Vapor ADV and the Fantom. I am impressed by that. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. If they are even as good as the Sher-wood Rekker line (which I think are currently the best bang for buck) then they are a good deal. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I haven't seen Proformance Eax PF Stick Tape tape for sale for a while. Where do you get it? 

I buy it directly from their website.