Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rjk

Labeda Addictions fallen apart in 12 hours

Hi

I got a fresh set of Addictions ready to put on my 1XRs.

After just one month of owning my skates and only 3 weeks on the addictions [2x2hour sessions a week]

They have started falling apart. The rear wheels are splitting down the middle with large chunks falling out of them, the front wheels seem to have blown off the cores.

The front and rear wheels are the worst affected, only used on tiles and I have the correct wheels for my weight

What can be done about this? Spoken to my LHS and they haven't got back to me yet.

Is this a common thing with these wheels?

fYykKmo.jpg

5MqQqMy.jpg

xx09RFl.jpg

LHS have basically just said they are not going to help and are accusing me of using them on the wrong surface

very disappointing. will not be buying Labeda again. shame really as there is no availability of other brands in the UK

Lol they must think you're a crazy son of a gun to be taking 1x's on an outdoor surface ahahaha

I know right. I think the point behind it is that the LHS know that my team practice in a sport hall sometimes and he is trying to palm it off on using these wheels on wooden floor rather than just address the issue that he has sold me a defective product.

Have you tried to contact Labeda?

http://www.labeda.com/contact.php

I have sent rob@labeda an email and also contacted them via facebook but not had a response yet.

Had the same issue with addictions that came on Alkali skates and the subsequent replacements. Hence my permanent shift to RV variant plus or RR splits or krysis. RR's I buy thru IW and have them shipped to me because I can't get them in my country either. I might try grippers or milleniums next time as they come recommended for price / performance / durability / grip.

Had the same issue with addictions that came on Alkali skates and the subsequent replacements. Hence my permanent shift to RV variant plus or RR splits or krysis. RR's I buy thru IW and have them shipped to me because I can't get them in my country either. I might try grippers or milleniums next time as they come recommended for price / performance / durability / grip.

I have put the RV Variant+ that come with the skates back in as I have a tournament all day on Sunday and dont want to risk a wheel failing.

If they are decent then i dont mind paying to get them shipped over but its like $50 shipping from the US to the UK.

just very irritating that bauer use these wheels in their skates yet you cant get them in this region...

Had addictions that lasted about 10 hours. Not a fan.

I wont be going back to them any time soon. more the service from my LHS than anything. still waiting for them to provide me a proper invoice so that I can send the info to Labeda [who in fairness have been decent enough about it so far to their credit]

LHS have basically just said they are not going to help and are accusing me of using them on the wrong surface

very disappointing. will not be buying Labeda again. shame really as there is no availability of other brands in the UK

What shop did you buy from bud? im in the UK too

I also had the same problem. I use to work at a hockey store so I can say based on everything I have used and seen that the high end wheels are more or less a rip off. Obviously there will be some exceptions but especially with the addictions the performance is great but the durability is garbage. I wouldn't stay away from labeda all together though the millennium wheels are really good probably the best on the market in my humble opinion.

Send warranty requests to customerservice@labeda.com. This e-mail will get you answers right away.

I have provided the info to Labeda early in the week but not heard back from them.

What shop did you buy from bud? im in the UK too

its the local one at my rink. I would rather not mention them until the matter is resolved as they are just a small company and i dont really want to bad mouth them.

i got ya bud. My friend owns a shop here in the UK. The dynasties on his alkalis pretty much disintegrated (but he is a big guy). He spoke to the labeda contact in the uk, i cant remember exactly what got sorted, but they did help him out.
He does talk to the distributors regularly when customers have issues with new products which fail prematurely. Even if they dont accept the product as faulty, at least he has tried.. thats all the shop needs to do it talk to their contact.

I sold a pair of Max skates to a team mate, brand new. He weighs around 95kgs, size 8.5. In his very first skate on them today (on a sports court floor) both rear wheels broke clean off the hub.... Thanks Labeda.

Skates and wheels were brand new, my daughter purchased them in LA on my behalf when she was there for Narch and brought them back to New Zealand for a team mate who was after new skates to replace his Rbks. As I'm also in the max I recommended them to him as they fit his foot shape well. After baking, yesterday was his first skate in them and in the 2nd period the wheels gave out. Luckily I always carry spares (RR's) so was able to keep him in the game. I will check with him tonight to see if he has kept them instead of just throwing them away. The guy knows how to skate, ex world and NZ speed champion and been playing roller/inline for 25+ years.

I asked customer service if they got your e-mail, but they didn't get anything. Send it to me at justin@labeda.com

I have emailed you and Rob

no responses.

I have emailed you and Rob

no responses.

i would be patient. Depending on when you sent your email, the earliest he would've gotten it was Friday, so chance of movement on the issue over the weekend is minimal

I have put the RV Variant+ that come with the skates back in as I have a tournament all day on Sunday and dont want to risk a wheel failing.

If they are decent then i dont mind paying to get them shipped over but its like $50 shipping from the US to the UK.

just very irritating that bauer use these wheels in their skates yet you cant get them in this region...

A team mate purchased the Bauer 1XR last week, this weekend was his 2nd skate on them on a sport court surface, 4 games later the red RV Variant+ are splitting down the middle. Not sure how yours are holding up but he is another skater now looking for an alternative wheel.