Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwhockey17

Broken S19

Hi all,

I have an old s19 OPS that is broken in the blade.. is there any chance at turning this into a two-piece by cutting near the fuse point and sticking a blade in it? I remember back when it broke, we didn't really have anything available to do this due to the elliptical taper, but I'm hoping that people have found ways to..

Thanks in advance!

Longer answer; yes, but you'll have to cut up fairly high on the taper and add a long plug to the butt end to compensate. The taper is elliptical on the outside, square on the inside. You've got nothing to lose if you want to try.

I flipped one and put a standard blade in what was originally the top of the shaft, leaving the elliptical taper in your top hand. Feels a little weird but not bad for ball hockey or stickhandling drills.

Hi all,

I have an old s19 OPS that is broken in the blade.. is there any chance at turning this into a two-piece by cutting near the fuse point and sticking a blade in it? I remember back when it broke, we didn't really have anything available to do this due to the elliptical taper, but I'm hoping that people have found ways to..

Thanks in advance!

Hi there - Unfortunately there isnt much you can do with a broken Stealth. The elipital taper will not allow for you to put another blade in it, you cannot use it flipped over either as the flex profile of the stick would not be right. In fact flipping over any broken one piece is not recommended as the kick point will not be where you want it. cheers.

It does work if you cut far enough up the shaft, the S19 used a blade where the elliptical taper is part of the blade and not the shaft. So yes it can be done but you lose all the flex point of the elliptical taper and the shaft is about 2 feet shorter.