Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjtaylor0103

Tall Blade Options

I currently use a Zetterberg Warrior QR1 and like the blade profile a lot. When I practice at home I use an old heavy stick to work on wrist strength. The old stick has a very tall blade, which feels great for backhand and forehand toe drags.

Is there a high-end stick out there with a Zetterberg-like profile that has a tall blade (3 inches)? Seems like most of the high-end stick blades are getting shorter as to shave off a few extra grams of weight.

The old Hedman curve from reebok comes to mind, not too sure of what the curve would be with CCM assuming they continue making it.

I can relate to what you mean by a taller blade helps with toe drags but realistically once you get used to a blade pattern and shape it'll all come together. Took me a little while to get used to the e28 toe coming from a good old traditional Sakic blade.

Cheers

CCM Tavares or Warrior W16 maybe? The blade profile at the toe is fairly tall on those in my opinion.

The lie/rocker would be different than your current W88 though.