Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

How old is your oldest piece of gear, that you still use?

Was looking over some of my stuff last night when I stopped and looked at my skates. I'm like, damn, these have some years on them. Made me wonder about what's in some of you gear whore's collection.

So how old is your oldest piece of equipment, that you still use regularly?

Me? I have three pairs of Bauer 8090 skates. One is my original pair I bought like 12 years ago that have I have retired to coaching duties a few years back (they're like slippers!). The other pair I got off of eBay about 8 years ago that I use to play in once/twice a week. The third pair is another used set about 6 years old that are in the box on standby.

ive recently been updating everything. I think at this point its my Bauer oilers pants, the navy with the copper piping on the side and maybe my player socks I use for playing goalie from the Canadiens sale back in 2012

First generation Bauer 5000 helmet. It and it's successor, the Nike Bauer 5500, are the only helmets I've ever worn that lock on to my occipital bone and not give me a headache. I tried the Bauer 7500 for a while, but it put a hell of a lot of pressure on the front of my head for some reason. I'm working on starting a collection of 5500 helmets since I believe some of the internal components were upgraded from the 5000.

Farrell Shoulder Pads. A little heavier and warmer than many models available now, but it's hard to beat the comfort and mobility (especially with the shoulder caps removed).

I have been upgrading all my gear in the last year, as I was out of the game for nearly 12 years. The last 2 pieces I have to replace are my skates (CCM Tacks), and shoulder pads (Bauer Supremes). They are both from 1999. Seems like just yesterday I walked into that shop to buy them.

I finally upgraded from my Jofa 8025 elbow pads that had to be more than 15 years old. I still wear my Tackla 9000 pants that are 12 years old, though the Easton girdle I have fits a lot better lately.

NBH supreme one75 skates. Its been like 6 years before i switched to graf g65 (best buy ever). i really hated it when the part between eyelets was bent like crazy in every stride.

I finally upgraded from my Jofa 8025 elbow pads that had to be more than 15 years old. I still wear my Tackla 9000 pants that are 12 years old, though the Easton girdle I have fits a lot better lately.

What did u update elbows to?

up until last year, everything was very old (10+ yrs)

then everything slowly got upgraded, then I did it all again this yr basically!! LOL!

Not using anything over 6 years old now, but have had some things in the past that I used for a long time. Micron Mega 10-90 skates 15 years, Tackla pants 17 years and the mother of them all...Canadien elbow pads that I used for 27 years. Finally threw them away when the foams started to basically melt.

Bauer 5000 Gel Shoulder pads that I've had since 2001. I had the caps replaced with smaller ones but to this day I haven't found anything off the shelf as good as these :)

Graf 703 skates from 2006, about 9 years old now, still holding up really well. They'll probably last another 5 years easy, unless I get antsy and go get some different skates.

My first & only pair of skates to date is my oldest pair of equipment, 5(?) year old or so Bauer Vapor X:40s when there was only an X:50 & X:60 above it in the line. They're still going strong & I have no reason to look at a replacement. *knocks on wood*

Before that it would have been my Jofa 8077 elbows left over my inline hockey days...got them in 1998-ish. I still have them, I just don't use them anymore. I'm know I have a couple old Titan sticks (wood & fiberglass models) in my garage too from around the same time.

A pair of Easton z-air comp (-04), and a pair of Easton Ultra lite Pro SBX (-04)... Both fit my feet very well, so it's sad they are no longer made.