Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

How old is your oldest piece of gear, that you still use?

Current rotation includes 3 late 70s - early 80s CCM helmets (with the foam side bumpers and white leather chin straps), mid 70s Cooper SP gloves whose cuffs I cut down from 15," early 90s CCM HG-135Ss that I haven't cut down, 70s Cooper HP-18 pants that I just practice in, and, of course, a few pairs of mid-70s and late 70s Lange skates (Comps and Laser 3s) with 90s(?) Icetek holders & steels. My newest stuff is Jofa 9144 elbows and 5500 shins and 90s CCM HP-610 & 630 pants. I like my setup so much that I rotate 2 nearly identical sets of everything. Started breaking in some Graf 5035s recently, but I got a feeling it's going to be quite a while before I'll be able to play in them.

I am wearing a Jofa bubble mask. I bought it used but it has to be at least 20 years old. I can't think of any mask that looks or performs better. I also have Easton shin pads from the mid 90's. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have the same shoulder pads as myboxerssayjoe. NikeBauer Vapor XXXX.

As for the 5500 helmet guy, better start hoarding them. 7500 is about to go bye-bye forever......

I was wearing a pair of Bauer vapor 10 paints circa 2002 but they finally couldn't be sewn together anymore. I was all ready to figure out what new pair to get when I discovered a brand new pair that I stashed away in my crawl space back during my extreme gear whoring days. So now I'm rocking a brand new pair of 13 year old pants. They'll probably last me until they are old enough to drink.

I'm still wearing Jofa 9066 elbows and using TPS RLXN10 and R2XN10 shafts. I also have some really old TPS shin pads. I have no clue what model they are.

CCM shin pads from 1978 I just replaced them and they are now on display in my cabin along with the rest of my vintage gear.

1052 tacks 2000ish skates. 2006 nikebauer supreme elbow pads, WSI girdle I still use once in awhile, I got a pair of minty fresh of Easton GX 1350 leather gloves I am contemplating breaking in.

DR Centurion shin pads... Those things are impressive. I've had them for over 16 years and besides the rusted rivets they're perfect. Closest thing to armor and 360 coverage for your shins. Great if your a grinder like me that takes slashes in pick up games...lol

I have a pair of Rawling's elbow pads. Came across them when I was 10 and they were left behind by a previous owner of the house we moved into in 1997. They're much older than that. I still wear them refereeing. I also wear a Nike 0004 bucket with bauer HDO pro clip as my daily driver. Sculpted out the VN foam and replaced with some gel pads from a CCM V10. I don't think I'll ever replace it. Manuf date Jan 2005.

Oldest piece of gear is a toss up between a pair of early 90's Louisville gloves and early 90's green Cooper Seattle Thunderbird pants that I got in the mid 90's. I still wear the Coopers from time to time but the Louisville gloves are pretty gross. Next oldest that I still use would be a mid 90's Louisville aluminum shaft and a Louisville Lafontaine composite shaft. I also still have my old CCM HT2's from the 90's, and Louisville pants from the 90's as well, but they haven't been used in the last couple years. I do still use my old Tackla 9000's from the early 2000's. Man I used way too much Louisville gear back in the day.

Techniflex elbows and shouldies. Smell puts them at around 20something years old.

If I could find any damn blades I'd rock the A/Cs but I'm all out.