Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moteef17

Skate Comparison - Nexus 400 vs 18K

Curious about feedback and comparisons related to a pair of Nexus 400's that I've been in 2 years and the possibility of getting into a new pair of 18K's.

I've never been in a Reebok skate, but I'm guessing many here have. Besides the 'Try it on' and 'skate in it' feedback, which are already in my mind, what else should I be considering?

Thanks!

Two completely different fits in my opinion. Nexus skates are deep and generally wider in a D than the 18k's will be. The shallowness of the boot is drastic compared to the nexus. I tried and tried to like the 16k's I bought but have gone back to my old Supremes in EE. Wanting to get into nexus skates at the moment or back to supreme EE.

Let me note that that is for my foot. If you fit in one you will probably not fit properly in the other.

All three skates are generally considered wide. 18k being the thinnest but not a low volume fit by any means. Between the nexus and rbz, they're pretty close in terms of volume maybe with the nexus being a little wider. Both skates will be a step up from the 400, better materials and stiffer boot. Although do your research on the rbz first because with the reviews I've seen its either a love or hate situation but by no means a bad skate.

If EE in the Nexus, should I go EE in the CCM / Reebok? I hear varying input on CCM/Reebok 'D' being equal to Bauer EE.

I was originally thinking about getting into the Nexus 1000 as it closed out, but I think I missed my chance in my size (11EE)

I have a pair of Nexus 400 for rec skating and a pair of 17K(converted to inline) too. Both in 6EE.

Widthwise the 17K feels slightly narrower especially in toe box and where the toe box and the quarter meets.

But when it comes to heel area, the Nexus feels a lot tighter because of the V shape heel. Reebok has more like U shape heel.

I think CCM/Reebok D is definitely narrower than Bauer EE. Maybe Bauer R would be close to CCM/Reebok D.