Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpgbackups

Twig : CCM Ultra Tacks

Anybody tried this twig? how does it compare to the original tacks which was a beast of a stick.

im considering pulling the trigger really quickly on this one but id like to know.

Chase from iw will be the one to answer this question. I'm pretty sure the kick point didn't change, I think it was just the blade. Although like I said chase will know what he's talking about with this stick

AmeriCanadian's right, the kick point remained the same but CCM did reinforce the inner shaft corners with their "Speed Bumper" technology. As for the blade, they removed weight and enhanced the stiffness. The Ultra Tacks was my favorite twig of 2015; it's REALLY well balanced, the stiff blade gives you a ton of accuracy and the smooth mid kick flex profile can release quickly while still providing hard shot power.

Is the new mid-range line (based on the Ultra Tacks) as good as the mid-range line of the previous Tacks? I'm using the... 3052? Whatever the $99 one is.

I love my Ultra Tacks pro stock with the P19 curve. It shoots very well, blade has nice feel and it is nicely balanced. So far it has been very durable. I would say it plays a hair stiffer than the original Tacks stick.

CCM did reinforce the inner shaft corners with their "Speed Bumper" technology.

Is the Ultra Tacks the only stick with the Bumper, or did they include it on the lower level sticks too?

Is the Ultra Tacks the only stick with the Bumper, or did they include it on the lower level sticks too?

Only the Ultra Tacks feature Bumper Tech, the lower end sticks do not.

Is the new mid-range line (based on the Ultra Tacks) as good as the mid-range line of the previous Tacks? I'm using the... 3052? Whatever the $99 one is.

They're nearly identical except the 3052 is actually a bit lighter than the 4052. I'd go with a 3052 at the discounted price over the next-gen Ultra Tacks 4052