Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isk8byu

Reebok - CCM Relationship

Can someone please set me straight on what is happening with the Reebok/CCM equipment lines?

I go to the Reebok website to view their protective equipment (shins, elbows, etc) and it redirects me to all CCM equipment.

My "glory days" were back in the late 90's and early 2000's, so all my equipment currently is still high end JOFA before Reebok purchased them and I am in the market to update some aging equipment. If everything is switching to CCM as the website would suggest, should I quickly purchase Reebok equipment if I am used to the feel/fit/look of my old JOFA? Or will CCM just become the new Reebok line, which was the old JOFA?

no more Reebok branding, everything branded CCM now

In June 2004, The Hockey Company was bought by Reebok. All brands other than the CCM brand were retired and Reebok introduced its own RBK Hockey gear, later to be re-branded as Reebok Hockey. Reebok in turn was acquired by Adidas in 2005. The brand is held by two separate entities both maintaining the CCM trademark, one (The Hockey Company, now a subsidiary of Reebok) manufacturing ice hockey equipment and the other, CCM (cycle) manufacturing bicycles.

The Reebok lines were absorbed by CCM. The Ribcor line of skates and sticks are the continuation of Reebok's offerings. Same with the Tacks protective line, renamed and rebranded Reebok gear. In a nutshell, everything that Reebok offered will still be offered by CCM. Ribcor skates and sticks=reebok, tacks protective=reebok.

What everyone said, all top of the line Reebok stuff is now rebranded as CCM. Specifically Tacks protective is the exact same fit as the reebok stuff. I just picked up a pair of tacks shin pads and they are great, the fit is exactly the same as my old reeboks and the strapping system is better. However Reebok will continue to make inexpensive recreational type gear.

Everything that has been said above me is correct. Personally for me I am much like you where a lot of my protective gear was Jofa and first generation Reebok. 10 years later I like you am in the same boat and need some replacement gear. I went from Jofa pro style shins to CCM tacks. The fit is pretty close but a little more narrow then the Jofa shin guards. Cannot speak about the elbows or the shoulders. My RBK elbow pads are still hanging on and I decided to go with a low end Easton shoulder pad just because I wanted a lower profile shoulder pad that wasn't as bulky as what CCM and other brands were offering. Only playing in A league adult so no need for hardcore shoulder pads.

Hope that helps.

When the RBK protective was introduced, it was simply the new JOFA line with a different name. The Tacks protective is the next generation of the Reebok protective. If you like the new stuff, buy that. If you prefer the old stuff buy that.