Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trippingblue

2016 ASG to be 3-on-3 tournament

The entire All-Star Weekend is a waste to me. Nobody wants to get hurt so the guys mail it in. Little to no intensity, no physical play and everybody over handle the puck in an effort to make pretty plays makes for boring hockey in my eyes. I don't see this nee format making a difference.

So if each division gets 6 forwards.. The Metro goes with Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Taraves, Giroux and.. ?

Lots of players will be left out. Should be interesting.

So if each division gets 6 forwards.. The Metro goes with Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Taraves, Giroux and.. ?

Lots of players will be left out. Should be interesting.

I'll take the Central

Forwards:

Kane, Toews, Tarasenko, Forsberg, Seguin, Benn

Defense:

Weber, Suter, Byfuglien

I'll take the Central

Forwards:

Defense:

Weber, Suter, Byfuglien

It gets ugly because each team has to have a representative. So you're missing Colorado. And if I had to guess, the NHL will want at least two and probably three players from Nashville. So Rinne will be one of the goalies. So maybe Barra is the other goalie? That gives Colorado their representative.

Or maybe Suter comes out, Dubnyk goes in and Barrie is the Colorado rep. Yep, that is my guess.

Forwards:

Defense:

Weber, Barrie, Byfuglien

Goalies:

Rinne, Dubnyk

It gets ugly because each team has to have a representative. So you're missing Colorado. And if I had to guess, the NHL will want at least two and probably three players from Nashville. So Rinne will be one of the goalies. So maybe Barra is the other goalie? That gives Colorado their representative.

Or maybe Suter comes out, Dubnyk goes in and Barrie is the Colorado rep. Yep, that is my guess.

Forwards:

Defense:

Weber, Barrie, Byfuglien

Goalies:

Rinne, Dubnyk

Makes sense, but Reto Barra's numbers aren't that bad (aside from win-loss record), he could be the Colorado selection. It's hard to justify leaving Suter out, as he is the second highest scoring defenseman in the west, though I did leave the number one D man off the list too. With such small rosters, someone talented is going to get snubbed, that's just how it's going to be.

If you aren't voting for John Scott you aren't doing it right :P

I'm not into that Rory Fitzpatrick thing.

Is he still in the league??

Yes, Arizona Coyotes.

I'm not into that Rory Fitzpatrick thing.

Yes, Arizona Coyotes.

That's unfortunate.

And I just found out what he was talking about... good god. That's embarrassing.

If you aren't voting for John Scott you aren't doing it right :P

I really don't get why people feel the need to try and ruin things like the all star game. The trolling culture is taking over and ruining far too many things.

Link to the NHL All-Star Game Fan voting

I voted for:

Atlantic: Jaromir Jagr
Metropolitan: Evgeni Malkin
Central: Patrick Kane
Pacific: Drew Doughty.

Good choices

Jagr! would love to see a guy around my age in the ASG. maybe we should all vote for Max Domi for the "John Bonham/Jason Bonham" effect playing with Jagr. ;)

Jagr tweeted, "Fans-I appreciate your votes for All-Star game, but 3 on 3 would kill me,and i don't want to die yet:)Thank you for understanding. Too old:)"

Ruin good things like the All-star game? You mean where players try to find ways to magically get injured right before so they don't have to play? Or where players try to trip other players (even if they are on their OWN TEAM) so more money is donated for charity? All-star game is already a joke, at least with Scott we will see some personality in the game like we used to get with the player draft.

Ruin good things like the All-star game? You mean where players try to find ways to magically get injured right before so they don't have to play? Or where players try to trip other players (even if they are on their OWN TEAM) so more money is donated for charity? All-star game is already a joke, at least with Scott we will see some personality in the game like we used to get with the player draft.

I don't care for what the NHL has planned, but to purposefully try to vote in someone that has no business at all being included is just a dick move. I can't see any justification for doing it.