Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trippingblue

2016 ASG to be 3-on-3 tournament

Maybe he'll do something stupid (can't say I've seen him do anything smart) so the league can suspend him for the ASG...

I agree. A 3v3 game to highlight the league's best talent....and John Scott. How he doesn't just say "thanks, but no thanks" is beyond me.

he's not even good as a goon, maybe Justin Johnson will be a late sub so he can beat him again

Maybe he'll do something stupid (can't say I've seen him do anything smart) so the league can suspend him for the ASG...

Now the league is in a tough spot. If he does the right thing and declines, he gets suspended. Otherwise, they lose all credibility when they threaten to suspend the stars that don't want to go. I think the only out at this point is to have the Coyotes send him to the AHL before the ASG.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in NHL headquarters! For a guy that has played 11 games this season, I doubt as suspension would make a big difference in his career.

I totally forgot about the suspension thing.

I dunno. Tricky situation. One one hand, it's obviously a situation where successful trolls were successful. On the other hand, this is "what the fans want", apparently. They opened themselves up to this possibility by allowing fans to vote multiple times per day.

The "fans" are fucking the league with this stupidity. They've added another joke headline about the NHL. This moronic headline is leading the NHL stories on the ESPN and other sports network crawls. Scott still in the game is embarrassment enough but now the voters are creating even more embarrassment. When the EPL overtakes the NHl in coverage in the states the jokesters will have themselves to blame. It isn't funny, it is asshole-ish.

It's a silly popularity contest that got exploited. If Crosby/Ovechkin played the first 3 regular season games with no points and a -7, but got voted to the ASG, no one would care. I hate the game and the whole process.

But Crosby and Ovechkin are two of the best players in the game, Scott is an embarassment on the highest level. It is a mistake to vote Crosby on an off year, it is an abomination to vote Scott ever.

we are aware it happened, we've been discussing just that.

I think he was referring to the "mainstream media" making a joke about it. That or I'm overthinking his post.

I think he was referring to the "mainstream media" making a joke about it. That or I'm overthinking his post.

deadspin pretty much makes fun of anything, and is pretty far from mainstream, lol. At least he added the video to my Justin Johnson reference

Yea, I agree. How do you have four teams with two jerseys?

I've always thought the ASG jerseys should adopt the colors of the host city but now I'm not so sure.

They could've easily done it if they made 4 jerseys.

White, Black (or Grey), Yellow, Blue.

There you incorporated the home team's colours and you have 4 unique jerseys that would work together. If the blue and black are too dark go grey.

The thing is, I imagine nobody bought last year's ASG jerseys because you didn't know which players would be wearing the light or the dark until two days before the game. And even then, if you had preferred the one colour, your favourite player may not have ever worn it.

It was a logistical mess for selling them.

Here, you can go ahead an buy your John Scott jersey in black or white knowing he will have worn both at the end of the tournament.

The thing is, I imagine nobody bought last year's ASG jerseys because you didn't know which players would be wearing the light or the dark until two days before the game. And even then, if you had preferred the one colour, your favourite player may not have ever worn it.

It was a logistical mess for selling them.

Here, you can go ahead an buy your John Scott jersey in black or white knowing he will have worn both at the end of the tournament.

the big question is: can i get my John Scott jersey pre-torn, and bloody when i order it? AND can i chose the player's blood thats splattered on it? now THATS marketing!!