Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trippingblue

2016 ASG to be 3-on-3 tournament

Travis is on point. They are not going to make 4 jerseys because selling them would be a pain in the ass. Two is fine with me, those two, I'm ok with them

NHL Reverses Course, Lets John Scott Into The All-Star Game

http://deadspin.com/nhl-reverses-course-lets-john-scott-into-the-all-star-1753775234

i know the NHL will do something about this next year, but i think what they did was correct. the fans voted, albeit a joke, but they DID vote. if you reverse the fan vote you could leave a bad taste in ALL the fans that voted, even if most of them were trolls

It's not like this is the first time fans have abused the voting system in the all star game. Every year the host city manages to get their boys to make up the whole starting 5. The year Montreal hosted it was ridiculious. Their starting 5 got more votes than the rest of the entire field. At this point flooding the ballot boxes with undeserving players has become the strongest tradition associated with the all star game since its inception.

People always seem so negative about this stuff. I think it's cool and exciting to see. John Scott being in it makes me happy. He's a good guy and and is there to have a good time which is important and brings this stuff down to earth.

IMO, i think every year they need to vote some schmuck on to the team, as long as they do it as well as John Scott!! this is the first time in years i wanted to watch the ASG in years. and watch it with my boys no less. with my middle guy being a Jagr fan, and my oldest (bandwagoning) with the BlackHacks, Kane getting BOO'ed and Scott with TWO goals, one asset ( im watching it in delay) its been great. great format, great skills comp. and JR eating his words. classic

I couldn't figure out the Kane boos. What was that about?

Kane is on Chicago and they were playing in Nashville.

Nobody ever said he wasn't a nice guy but that was something that should never happen again.

The 3 on 3 tournament with some prize money on the line worked out great. That is an idea they should hold onto for a little while.

Definitely shouldn't happen again, but it was nice that it ended the way it did for his sake.

That was the best ASG I've seen in... well, since 99 and 66 were in it. I also like that the teams seemed to give a crap and actually tried. The tendys put on a show.

Unfortunately I was stuck watching the NBC broadcast so I had to listen to Emrick's croning and Milbury's idiotic commentary. Though it was amusing to see Scott get a jab in on JR, hah.

Now I'm just waiting for some blowhard to suggest a 1-0 final is more "proof" that the league needs more scoring... :rolleyes:

Now I'm just waiting for some blowhard to suggest a 1-0 final is more "proof" that the league needs more scoring... :rolleyes:

3 on 3 is the overtime format...all you need is 1 goal! haha. NHL proved perfectly that it does what it's supposed to! lots of chances to score. 1 goal!

Best ASG in years. Proof that scoring is down in the NHL because of stellar goalies with incredible skill. I will take a 1-0 game any day with lots of scoring chances, end to end play and playmaking.

I've been saying for years that they should be looking to increase scoring chances and not goals. The excitement comes from Gaudreau ringing the pipe 3 times, not every single shot on being a shot in.

With that in mind, the two easy things would be to go back to the post 2004 lockout interference standards and get goalie gear back to reasonable. There was a time when the idea behind goalie gear was protecting the goalie and not preventing goals.

I've been saying for years that they should be looking to increase scoring chances and not goals. The excitement comes from Gaudreau ringing the pipe 3 times, not every single shot on being a shot in.

With that in mind, the two easy things would be to go back to the post 2004 lockout interference standards and get goalie gear back to reasonable. There was a time when the idea behind goalie gear was protecting the goalie and not preventing goals.

Take the trapezoid out , too. I'd love to see these skilled , puck handling goalies go to the corner, pick up the puck and make a long stretch pass, catching teams in a change. That could create 2-3 more chances per game.

Trapezoid stays. There was zero forecheck when goalies could roam free. I had enough of the 90s Devils back then and don't wish to see a return to that hockey anytime soon.

I think they should reverse the trapezoid. If they want to play it they have to go to the corner. haha. Wanna see some goalies who can't handle the puck try??? That will increase scoring chances. I'm only half serious.

I think they should reverse the trapezoid. If they want to play it they have to go to the corner. haha. Wanna see some goalies who can't handle the puck try??? That will increase scoring chances. I'm only half serious.

I think it should be a little bigger.

I agree with you completely. I'll also add going back to the old way of requiring players serve the full penalty time and not letting them out after a goal was scored. Tighter enforcement and greater potential consequences for penalties should result in players giving up more chances against at 5 on 5. Better to give up one chance on a breakaway or odd man rush than two or three goals to a team with a red hot powerplay.