Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

craypas71

STX Surgeon 500 Shin Guards

I've been using Bauer Vapor XVI(13inches) and CCM CL (14inches). They do fit fine but would prefer something less volume.

STX Surgeon seem to be super slim fitting but how do they actually fit?

How do you like them? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

The shins are just meh in my opinion. Not bad, not great. The elbows are the real game changer...

I think the shins run a tad long. I normally wear 14's in other brands (mainly Bauer for years before getting these).

I would say they are between a slim and regular fit. The liner takes sme getting used to.

The top strap (360) is great. Bottom strap runs short for me. I had to modify it.

Gefiltefish

Sorry for replying late.

I decided not to purchase the shins yet. But I'll definitely buy the elbows.

can't wait to try the 360+ strap! Thanks for your great info!

I'd look into Easton Stealth and Bauer Supreme shin guards. Those have a bit less volume.

I have some CCM CS shin pads and some Supreme One 80's and I would say the CCMs have less volume than the Supremes.

I'd look into Easton Stealth and Bauer Supreme shin guards. Those have a bit less volume.

I had One60 shins and I felt that they are a bit more bulky than Vapors.

Never tried the Stealth series yet. I will go try the 75S which is still in stock at my LHS.

Thanks for your advice!

I have some CCM CS shin pads and some Supreme One 80's and I would say the CCMs have less volume than the Supremes.

I agree. CCMs are one of the lowest profile pads in my opinion. But the problem is that CCM 14" are too long for me, 13" are too short too tight for me.

IMO I have found Easton shins have ran a tad longer, but I haven't tried on a pair in a long time. A 13" Easton shin may be just what you're looking for.

I agree again. Once I have tried a 14" Synergy from my friend and thought the same thing. But a 13" Stealth may be worth trying :)

Depends on the shin from Easton, the EQ Pro runs shorter than the Rbk 20k for example. But I haven't tried any other Easton yet tbh.

Really? Maybe EQ line has different sizing scale? Or maybe pro models run shorter. Sind Sie Oesterreicher?