Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatestAmericanBeardo

Bourbon! and/or whats your poison?

ok its Friday and I'm having a drink (ok three) and forced to watching the Isles game. brings my to think what do the Mod Squad players drink. i know there plenty of Beer leaguers out there and nothing better then a cold beer after a game, but what else y'll drink? whats good, whats bad, whats over promoted, and who makes really good booze. Myself, if I'm drinking "the strong stuff" its Tito's vodka (for clear) with soda and lime. if is Brown, its bourbon, mostly Buffalo Trace with a dash of orange and cherry bitters.or Jameson's Irish. BTW tito's is american made, and as you can tell by my profile name, I'm all about 'Merica. but i'm open to Canadian Whisk(e)y and anything else you're into.

LMK

GAB

I'm not picky, drink Bud Light or Miller Lite in the locker room and usually at the tailgate, it's easy and you can pound. Love good beer, doesn't really matter, but I gravitate to anything Amber or lighter. Had a few Inversion IPA's, a Fat Tire and some draft beer local IPA.

Love a good bourbon(We tend to roll through a few different choices, MM, ER ect), do dog day with the boys and sip some with a good cigar or 2. But honestly when I hit the spirits, it's diet cola and Ancient Age.

Four Roses single barrel when I can find it, it's not common in my part of the world. One of my team mates works for a craft brewer and often brings new experimental batches along for us to be guinea pigs with. But the kicker for a group of us is that a while ago we purchased a WillamsWarm kit, I swear on my grandmothers grave that once you start producing from this and get the recipe right you will find it hard to drink a commercial brew ever again.

Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, either straight or with Dr.Pepper

Jäger on ice

As for beer, it all depends on where I am. If it's hockey or baseball it's gotta be refreshing so Miller Light or Coors Banquit. Out with the boys anything I can pound. For dinner I prefer local craft. My when available choice is always Harp.

Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, either straight or with Dr.Pepper

Jäger on ice

As for beer, it all depends on where I am. If it's hockey or baseball it's gotta be refreshing so Miller Light or Coors Banquit. Out with the boys anything I can pound. For dinner I prefer local craft. My when available choice is always Harp.

Jager on ice! that is a bold statement. if i'm drinking spiced rum its The Kraken w/ginger, but i'll have to give the Doc a try. (well, diet doc)

just watch the game or locker room post game, its Yuengling or Miller lite. Out for dinner and holiday get togethers , its a local IPA or seasonal. Party with boys, its Jager n Red Bulls to start then back to Yuengling's or Miller Lite's.

just watch the game or locker room post game, its Yuengling or Miller lite. Out for dinner and holiday get togethers , its a local IPA or seasonal. Party with boys, its Jager n Red Bulls to start then back to Yuengling's or Miller Lite's.

you know the Greatest American Beardo is all about the Yuengling, America's oldest brewery, and still family owned. and local (to me) so i'll drink to that!

but i have to say, they're brewery tour kinda sucks.you only get one small glass of beer at the end. :dry:

you know the Greatest American Beardo is all about the Yuengling, America's oldest brewery, and still family owned. and local (to me) so i'll drink to that!

but i have to say, they're brewery tour kinda sucks.you only get one small glass of beer at the end. :dry:

Im gonna have to take a ride up there for their tour. Its only about a 2 hr ride for me so if it sucks , it wont be a total waste....

On 2015-11-21 at 6:53 PM, JSK81 said:

Salmiac vodka

Yeah Salmiak is nice. Same with Lejona pastilli shot,  served ice cold, directly from the freezer or "jääkylmä" kuin suomalaiset sanovat! 

For beer, I allways choose a Finnish brand beer. They are simply the best. But Koff III (4,5%) is my favourite..

Black Bush. Grew up close to the distillery and a few bottles always made their way to our house.

Plus, being Irish, we had a perfectly legal (I assure you Officer) Poteen still. Absolute rocket fuel. 

I'm very heavy into Whiskey and Bourbons. Beers I have been drinking less and less. So far my favorite is the Johnny Walker Blue Label, below that is Woodford Reserve, Bulleit and Cooper's Mark. I have had the Waynze Gtrezky whiskey and man that was horrid!! 

For me any islay single malt whiskey.  My fave Laphroaig QACask. I also like dirty vodka martini especially the one made with Blue Ice vodka. Another weakness is Barbancourt rhum. Other than that I like red wine with my favorite being California petite syrah.

For beer, I love Oregon and California micros as well as English beers. My least favorite piss-water is Corona, but I will drink it if it is the only choice. 

All my fellow MSHrs know that I am a wine guy.

While the joke is that I like Gallo it is but a vicious rumor based on a prank perpetrated by the evil @PhillyCat.

May favorite wines are Napa Cabernets.  I'd list wineries but there are too many that are excellent.  I do enjoy the better wines and am lucky enough to have built up a nice, albeit small, collection.

I also enjoy Malbec, Valiopicello, Montepulciano, Rijoa, Pinot Noir and some other reds.

Little known fact... when I do shots I like Jaeger!!