Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpgbackups

CCM LK prostock code means Low kick or Ultra tacks?

ive seen a bunch of LK codes, mostly on ultra tacks or painted as ultra tacks...i was wondering if this meant its actually an ultra tacks, same as SM meant the original tacks, or if it meant a Low Kick version of an ultra tacks..

such as those sticks sold on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Ultra-Tacks-Sr-Stick-Pro-Stock-Low-Kick-P90-P29-Crosby-Left-85-Flex-2-Pack-/181935949480?hash=item2a5c3a46a8:g:94YAAOSwIwhWTRGY

On March 7, 2016 at 11:58 PM, lpgbackups said:

you sure about that buddy?   "team" sticks is another word for cheaper model.

anyways , i took great care to buy a regular ultratacks

A friend of mine spend some time in the ECHL this past year before he got called up to the AHL and he was using LK construction Ultra Tacks and liked them a lot, he's a picky guy too. He is now using Ultra Tacks with true Ultra Tacks construction, not Ribcor shaft Ultra Tacks blade and says that his Ultra Tacks durability is actually pretty bad and even though both sticks feel, shoot and play nicely the LKs are "wayyy more durable" while is ultra tacks are turning into noodles after a game or two. I'm well aware what team sticks are but just because it's lighter and the more expensive version of something doesn't mean it's better. 

I get these sticks through my team and even though I normally use and prefer a mid flex I actually really liked the sticks. It took a practice to get used to them but they shoot well and have decent feel. 

9 hours ago, S'land9.16.7 said:

I get these sticks through my team and even though I normally use and prefer a mid flex I actually really liked the sticks. It took a practice to get used to them but they shoot well and have decent feel. 

I'll never know now....  :huh:

These are great twigs. I've used the 11k, Stage 2, Superfast, and LK team sticks, and the LK is the best by far. Lightest, best feel, and best shooting. Haven't had any durability issues so far.

How "low" is the kick point on these? Someone above compares it to the Ribcore, is that correct?

Also, what's CCM's logic behind producing these sticks, rather than just using Ribcores? Is it marketing and trying to get the Tacks name on the ice more?