Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iammerson

holder and runner help with my current skates

So I have mako 2 skates been using them for the last few months and for the most part I love them especially the boot. The only problem I am having is the back of my steal seems to be getting caught in the ice causing me to trip. At first I thought it had to do with sharpening but I went to a couple different shops and the same result keeps happening. Granted it is only one in awhile but it is frustrating. I am assuming this is caused by the forward pitch in the skates it this possible?

If it is would a different runner holder combo fix this problem?

Appreciate everyone taking the time!

Does it happen when going forwards or backwards.

I usually caught the back part of the steel when going backwards and my heel of my foot lifted instead of the skate and blade

For me the problem was one foot is shorter so that foots skate is a tad big. I always caught that blade on the heel when doing a backwards crossover.

Currently I'm using VH skates with cxn holders.

I had the problem with eq50s and the razorbladz 2. Went to a skate a half size shorter for that foot and the problem went away.

Thats an interesting take def makes sense. So changing the holder and runner wont fix the problem?

Depends. Do you notice it when skating backwards? Do you have extra space between your heel and the skate?

I agree about getting a profile but find out what the root cause is. You said it happens every now and then so I'm curious when you notice it and how your skates fit.

Does it happen when transitioning from skating forwards to skating backwards? If so, I had same problem with mine. It was from the more aggressive forward pitch if the holder combined with the forward pitch on the es4 steel. Have your steel profiled to remove some of that pitch if you don't want to adjust your body mechanics.

what level is your skating ability, is the more important question? it may have to do with changing your skating mechanics to get the benefits of the mako skate and an improved knee bend.

I have been playing hockey for over 20 years at a pretty respectable level. As of now it's mostly men's league in either A or B league whichever is the highest offered.

Although I do admit that this is the first pare of skates I have had with such an aggressive pitch. Last pair of skates I had lasted me almost ten years so I guess you can say I don't typically change my equipment as much as most around here lol.

It does typically happen when I am transitioning from forwards to backwards.

How much does profiling usually cost?

Appreciate all the feedback so far btw.