Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHINO61

CCM RBZ superfast stick

I picked up one about 4 months ago and I like it a lot. I'm a big guy and I play D so it takes some abuse. Overall it does have great pop. Doesn't take much effort to get the puck off quick and hard.

The blade was hard to get used to because it's so poppy. Like Chris said its not great for puck feel but if you have decent hands it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm coming off a mid kick (Tacks), but the flex didn't really bother me. It does feel whipppy compared to mid and low kicks I've used in the past.

Durability is what I was worried about but after 4 months of being on the ice 3 times a week, it's held up great. A few nasty chips here and there but no change in performance.

I say go for it. Low opportunity cost with the discounted price and it's a generally good stick.

Just ordered one for $119.00

85 flex and p46 curve Bergeron/Landeskog, I will see how it works I have been using the CCM Tacks and Sherwoods EK60 lately.

Just ordered one for $119.00

85 flex and p46 curve Bergeron/Landeskog, I will see how it works I have been using the CCM Tacks and Sherwoods EK60 lately.

How do you like the EK60? I had an EK15 and loved it for the 3 hours I used it before it snapped.

I like the EK60, also had a EK15 I would say they are about the same, my EK15 75 flex p77 hasn't broken yet but the blade has gotten week and makes some crunching sounds if you twist on the blade with your hand I guess the foam inside is shifting around or breaking down not sure, the EK60 is a lot stronger in the lower third of the shaft is what sherwood says, the EK60 is a 65flex with the e28 curve.

I picked the Superfast up about three weeks ago in the Tavares curve. So far, it's been a great stick. As with many of the CCM sticks I've found, the paint chips very easy. Regardless, the integrity of the stick hasn't been compromised. It just will show signs of wear quickly. I personally like the feel of the blade. I can feel pucks come in off a pass very easy. The stick loads pretty good, and slapshots come off hard with ease. I'd recommend it for $120. That's for sure.

Excellent shooting stick, tons of pop and velocity on shots, pingy blade that you get used to over time, numb puck feel, good durability but once the blade dies it's DEAD as hell. The pockets are too large and the core is foamless

I just bought one with a Landsekog curve on clearance to coming from an EK60. It's ok, I can use it. I think it was a little heavy coming from my EK60 and EK15 though. I like the custom kick point. I'll just keep it as a backup and use it when I feel like it.

It was a good stick in my opinion. It is has sold better than the speed burner by far. Only down the the superfast was it didn't hold up to long. Toe's chipped easy, and hosel snapped easy. But it had good pop and for the price they are at now you can't go wrong.

Ok I tried the superfast out today and will say there wasn't much of a difference to me going from my Tacks to the superfast my shots were the same, I will say I had no problem with puck feel or control, passing or receiving passes I think it is a nice stick so far.

Guys, which stick was the best in the RBZ line? i absolutely loved the first RBZ original, im not known for my shot but my wrister on that one was a rocket...but i havent tried the other 3 in the lineup...some people said they didnt see much improvement over the years...but one of the 4 must be the best.....some people here i think were even mocking the speed at which new models came out and the names that they were coming out with...stage2, superfast..speedburner, super really duper fast ..etc....

marketing does evolve faster than stick technology but whatever...you dont have to buy every stick..they're just giving more choice...

any of the newer sticks beat out the first RBZ?

i think the superfast and speedburner look really good aesthetically...