Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostrider17

Two piece really blade heavy

My buddy at a LHS found some TPS Response XN10 Whip flex shafts and flipped it over so the tapered end is the handle but he gave me a Easton M5 blade.

I tried it out lastnight and found it to be extremely blade heavy.

Looking for suggestions on maybe replacing the blade so that its more balanced and what an alternative one would be to help balance it out

Thanks

The M5 isn't a high end standard tapered blade. I suggest a Bauer Supreme (TotalOne, NXG, MX3 etc.) or a Warrior HD1 or AX1 Standard

Any blade paired with the Xn10 would feel blade heavy. Get a tapered composite blade, and there might be a difference. Alternatively you could use a wooden end plug, or if you can find one of the weighted Easton ones, that might help balance it out.

Annnnnnnd, you just started a thread with a legendary shaft... be wary of many who would love to be in your position of owning a few of these shafts.

No offence, but I don't really see the point of using tapered shaft as a standard shaft by flipping over.

Just try tapered blade. Moreover, short hosel blade may give more balance.

I found Easton and Bauer blades to have shorter hosel against Warrior blades have slightly longer hosel.

I wish you enjoy your XN10. They are super nice shaft.

Thanks for the help guys.

He is the one who flipped it over, he called me and told me they found a box of these shafts and that was it lol.

I will probably go to the hockey shop and flip it back over and try out a different tapered blade

M5 blades are heavy IMO...as others have stated look for a tapered blade. you wil reduce the hosel legnth and with that some weight. Once flipped you could also ad a wood plug to counterbalance the rig a little

I did the same a few years ago, mainly because I didnt have any tapered blades and needed to dress a stick for a game. Flipped it over and used a standard blade, and felt it was very blade heavy. Used it for the one game, and the following week managed to get a tapered blade that was the right lie and pattern, and used it as a tapered shaft. The feel is very different for both shooting and puck handling