Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL glove

This looks like great glove. Definitely interested to check it out when it's released. Not sure why the stitched logo is a con? I agree that a screen print would look cheaper and I've never had any issues with the stitched Bauer logo on my 4 Rolls.

I agree, I've always been impressed by the quality of their products. I'd have never switched from Warriors if they hadn't dumped the Koncept line. These QRL will have me back in Warrior come this spring for sure.

I might be the minority here, but I am not a fan of these - at all

cool to see Warrior be innovative tho, just not a glove I would personally wear

Does the cuff roll slide freely over the backhand, like the APX 2? It looks like it may slide more freely, I just cannot quite tell.

Does the cuff roll slide freely over the backhand, like the APX 2? It looks like it may slide more freely, I just cannot quite tell.

Yeah, it has a rubber (or plastic? I can't remember) piece that allows it to easily move over and back.

Like I said I was nitpicking with the Screened cuff roll, just my personal preference. Curious to see how these fit with the production moving overseas, haven't really liked the change in fit I've seen in Warrior since production moved from Canada. These are very intriguing though, curious about the stretchy material attaching the cuff roll and what that brings to the table. Also curious to see the adoption of this glove at the pro level, could see a lot of guys jump from CCM/Reebok.

Good god those mitts are pretty. I'm interested in the cuffs. I've never liked the flex cuffs on other glove models that have had them, they always felt like a good idea poorly executed.

Good god those mitts are pretty. I'm interested in the cuffs. I've never liked the flex cuffs on other glove models that have had them, they always felt like a good idea poorly executed.

It is well executed on this glove.

These are very intriguing though, curious about the stretchy material attaching the cuff roll and what that brings to the table.

It makes it EXTREMELY comfortable. The cuff is fairly tight (not very flared at all) but it doesn't need to be because the entire cuff moves with your wrist.

It is well executed on this glove.

Agreed completely.

Has the fit profile been changed a bit, to being more loose in the actual hand section (above the fingers, below the wrist)?

Here are some more pictures on how the cuff works. This one is cuff fully engaged -

qrlcuff7.jpg

What it looks like on the inside...

qrlcuff1.jpg

...and the back of the cuff when engaged.

qrlcuff3.jpg

Another picture of the back of the cuff when I pull back the wrist wrap.

qrlcuff4.jpg

And the front of it when the wrist wrap is pulled up.

qrlcuff5.jpg

The inner sleeve

qrlcuff6.jpg

Saw Warrior had a few responses to someone who said Warrior ripped off CCM/Reebok, the tweets were deleted wonder what Warrior said.

I responded to a CCM employee trolling our brand that we copied Reebok.

I kept it pretty positive and said that our gloves are pretty comfy and that Reebok doesn't make that glove, or gloves in general, anymore.

If we really wanted to get technical, Warrior had this concept in LAX gloves for some time. So I guess we'll get trolled by the Warrior LAX handle now.

I kept it pretty positive and said that our gloves are pretty comfy and that Reebok doesn't make that glove, or gloves in general, anymore.

If we really wanted to get technical, Warrior had this concept in LAX gloves for some time. So I guess we'll get trolled by the Warrior LAX handle now.

Ha, I was just curious if it got a little 'contentious'. Given Warrior's marketing and some stuff that came out with the QR1 Taper and then the Bauer Taper design I was worried I might have missed out on some quality chirps from you guys.

I'm looking forward to the QRL, because the 11K was my favorite glove outside of Eagle. I'm glad to see something even more promising coming to market to push the ideas along further.

Warrior was gracious enough to build these for me for Winterfest. The glove is the new QRL which will come out in the spring. Very cool concept and the AxyFlex cuff is the best iteration of a protective wrist cuff ever made in a glove. QRLglove.jpgQRLback.jpgQRLcuff.jpgQRLcuff2.jpg

What is the price point going to be on these gloves? Thanks

7 hours ago, shafted said:

also curious on the price and release date for these gloves, any confirmation yet?

According to the Warrior's twitter account, April 15th is the release.

They've said nothing about rice, but I would guess it hits at the same mark the QR1 did

how is the sizing on these? With the overseas made coverts it felt that they ran a bit smaller, I normally wear a 13" with the made in canada ones but the overseas i need a 14"

I've been pretty candid in how Warrior's glove offerings have not worked for me at all to this date, but I won't hold back the fact that the QRLs have really impressed me in their fit and feel. Their release should time well with my clavicle surgery recovery, so I may be in Warrior gloves for the first time (and maybe even custom).